Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Design Team Selections Coming Soon

Hi all! I am here to say a huge thank you! Selecting finalists from such an amazing group is going to be very difficult. And there are some AMAZING entries. In fact, almost 100 amazing entries and somehow I have to whittle that down to 6 finalists. That leaves quite a few unselected entries---which I deeply regret. Recently, I have had some personal experience with not being selected for a position, so I thought I would share...

I recently moved and as many of you know I was a science teacher by day. Well, at this time, I am not a science teacher because I have not yet been hired----although I have interviewed for 2 positions. And let me just tell you that this has sent me in to full "worried" mode---I keep asking myself: did I say the wrong thing in the interview? why didn't they select me? The self-induced panic over not being selected is something new to me and quite frankly, unpleasant---contrary to my recent experience, I have always been hired on the spot, literally. LOL I know what you are thinking: deep thoughts for a DT call, but life is all about these little moments and how we handle them.

Although I will probably never know why I wasn't picked for either job, I know that I interviewed with a large crowd of highly qualified candidates---similar to this pool for the DT! And so this DT call has given me a new perspective on my personal doubts. In this group, I have 100 amazing and fully qualified candidates. What leads to one card being picked and not another? It is really hard to quantify---and it takes a lot of tick marks on a spreadsheet. :) So, many of you may not be selected for this team, but like me, it doesn't mean there is a lack of qualifications or skills, only that there are only a few spots and so many candidates; I hope disappointment doesn't ruffle you, unlike me.

Thank you all again for dedicating time to join us and share your beautiful and creative creations. I know I have gone back to each entry more than once and feel very humbled and happy to see each lovely creation.

I will be holding another DT tryout at the end of the finalist's terms in mid-December, so I hope you will come back then and join us again if this isn't your moment.

See you soon with the final selections after the list closes.

16 comments:

JanR said...

Thanks for sharing this with us, Christy! I sure don't envy the decision you have to make, there are a lot of absolutely fantastic entries. Thanks for the opportunity!

Rae Ann said...

Thank you for sharing your story! It really puts a great perspective on things. I have seen all of the amazing entries posted on Facebook and on this page. I know your task isn't easy. I hope things smooth out for you and "worried" mode will become a thing of the past!

Dawn Turley said...

Good post.. I am pleased I am NOT the one doing the choosing Christy. The talent is stunning... I am glad I tried and if I don't make it... well all I can say is that I was very inspired by the quality of the cards that were presented ( and I got a heap of ideas to try out too! ) :-) Thank you for the opportunity.

Beverly Steele said...

very nice post...Thank you for sharing this with us. I am sure you will get hired soon...keep that head up girl...

Nikky Hall said...

Great post - I think it is always worse turning people down for a call than not being selected yourself, I guilt trip for days so I don't envy you with this one Christy! Good luck to everyone concerned there are some super talented people out there!

Christine L said...

Thanks for sharing your experience Christy.. As you say. . disappointment can't help but ruffle slightly and raise a few self doubts. . And it's often difficult as crafters to have confidence in our own work too... But seeing all the wonderful entries.. I've just enjoyed taking part! I don't envy you the decision making!

And I'm sure the two jobs you went for were maybe not right for you.. And THE right one is waiting just around the cormer!

Christine x

Christine L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

This is a great post. Thanks for sharing.
Good luck in choosing your DT. It certainly would be a hard decision
Xxxx

Life's Little Sprinkles said...

Oh my Goooosh the Anticipation! Thanks so much for the chance and good luck with the selection! :)

Sue Nicholson said...

All the best, good luck to all applicants, thanks for sharing cheers Sue x

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Thank you for posting your experience. I appreciate your taking the time to acknowledge how difficult it is on both sides of any opportunity in which there is a selection. Best of luck to all those that applied.

verybellemakes said...

Hope the right post comes up for you very soon! Good luck with whittling down the finalists from such a great pool of entries :)

Margreet said...

So kind of you to share your feelings about choosing with us....wishing you good luck!
xxx Margreet

Monica Edwards said...

I see it as if I dont make the team then there is a good reason for it not because I am not good enough just not what you may need. Just like your jobs this may sound dumb but those jobs weren't meant for you. God knows what you need because I swear every job I wanted so bad and didnt get I end up saying man glad I didnt get it after all. Things happen for a reason so that perfect job you want trust me it will come you may have to wait a little why but it's there. We women are just the most impatient creatures on earth is all... Oh and I would not want to have to pick from all these talented ladies.

Erin said...

awww Christy i dont envy you at all and something everyone understands !!! hugs xx

Tracy said...

Christy I know how hard it can be to pick a dt, but the amount you had to pick from, and some were totally amazing ! I don't think anyone envied you that task. Glass is half full, if it doesn't happen this time, there is always next time :)

New DT! Welcome

I am so excited to introduce our new DT members. They have already produced some amazing and truly gorgeous images over the past week and I ...