Thursday, August 1, 2013

DT announcement soon

Okay, so WOW!!! The entries for the DT have totally knocked our socks off! All the kind words and amazingly thoughtful creations are just wonderful! Thank you so much to all that entered---I mean, what a delightful problem I now have of trying to select 6 members from over 100 talented entries.

I have been to each blog (I know I commented sparsely, but I was silently stalking many of you!!!) and we will be narrowing down a very long list of finalists today and hopefully posting the finalists tomorrow. I have some emails to make before posting, but I will post the final list hopefully tomorrow in the evening.

I am soooo grateful again for each kind word, each beautiful creation....they are amazing.

I am always worried about those that I can't select, but who truly deserve to be selected; so if that is you, please remember that being selected or not selected is not a comment on your talent. I try to balance styles with the members we currently have and literally due to size and time, I can't select everyone I am dying to select. My original list of top contendors is very long, but with patience and time, it will be whittled down to 6 new members. I wish it could be longer, but maintaining a large DT can be expensive and time consuming, so we keep our group to around 15 members.

I hope that everyone can be happy for those 6 and positively support them as we move unto the next stage---being inspired by them. :)

Thank you all and we will be talking soon. :)

14 comments:

Christine Riley said...

Hi Christy, I sure do not envy you, I thought the DT entries were all amazing! I'm still keeping my fingers and toes crossed, but whoever you pick will truly be worthy and will deserve it :) Good luck! :)
Huge Hugs,
Christine

Alie de Vrij-Venema said...

I'd looooove to be on the team, but I've seen so many talented entries, I wouldn't be surprised I don't make it.. Good luck on picking 6 out of 115... :)
Hugs Alie

nmnastali said...

Congrats to the new 6!!!! I can't wait to see who you've selected!!! I know they must be amazing!!! That talent pool was over the top!!! :)) :)) :))

Karen said...

I couldn't agree with you more. Every time I have seen the list increase I have thought wow what a task you have ahead of you as all the entries are worthy of a place. I really like how you have done this as at least if you miss out you know that the competition was tough. Good luck everyone.

Leah Crowe said...

You are such a warm, thoughtful, and kind soul. Good Luck on the selections and try not to stress over it!! Hugs!!

Nikki said...

I can not imagine what it is like for you having to pick only 6 out of all the applicants, they are ALL AMAZING.... good luck to everyone and congrats to the 6 who get picked..... =)

Zoe said...

Christy, just wanted to say as I saw the creations show up on FB I thought to myself, I don't know how you will be able to decide. I don't envy your position right now. Oh and I wanted you to know - I would have loved to have a bat myself too... xoxo

Amy Heffernan said...

I don't envy you this task! I think if it was me, I would put the names in a hat and draw them out that way :) I think if nothing else, it has been a wonderful showcase of TI fans!

Trudie said...

I so wanted to try for this myself...but being as poorly as I have been (and still am) and deciding to I need a break for a bit, I knew I wouldn't be doing my best. I don't envy you at all.... the entries are all fantastic. Just goes to show how much we all love Tiddly Inks!! xxx

Debs said...

Hi, wow what a job you have , ///////i've been to the other blogs and there are some mega talented ladies out there, I sure don't fancy your job, but congratulations to the six you do choose, it's certainly been fun.
Hugs Debs x

Stephanie said...

There were soooo many talented entries! Everytime I saw a new card show up I would just be in awe! Seriously gorgeous! I know there is no way I'll make it! But I am so excited to see who does and see what fabulous creations they create!

ccroll said...

I know!!! If I could have everyone I would...

And don't tease me like that!!! Lol you are hired any time!

ccroll said...

I hope that having it be transparent helps people understand.

I rarely hold these as there are always hurt feelings and I hate that. ;(

ccroll said...

You want your job back???? Lol

Hope you are well!! ;)