Monday, September 17, 2012

I am back-ish....sorta. :)

Long time no chat, right? When I declared myself on vacation a month ago, I never expected this date to appear so quickly...but here we are! :) 

I took some time off in an effort to get rejuvenated---and to get my health back on track. I had a food-borne illness this summer (not contagious or anything) that has led me to have some rather serious food intolerances. As a result, I have been struggling almost daily with what I can eat and how to cook differently. I am a curvy woman with a love of buttery foods...and chocolate---thus the curves----but many of my favorite foods have had to go bye-bye. No more chocolate, no more wine, no more cheese, and no more bread. I read this no-no list as I type and wonder what is the point of eating without this list??? LOL

Seriously, I know I am more healthy without the no-no list; thus, I am trying desperately to get a handle on healthy cooking recipes that involve something more than grilled chicken. Did you know pumpkin can be made into a delicious low-fat spicy soup?? Me either, until last week. Ah, the joys of new healthy choices.....dang, I miss chocolate and bread. LOL

However, I have used my time off well and have had some success with getting my health headed in a better direction. Since mid-July, I have lost 20 pounds and am in the process of learning new ways to eat and function. Unfortunately, I am not all the way better yet (meaning I can't eat the no-no list in any portions whatsoever....so sad), but I am actually not sure what that would look like any more. I don't want to go back to my previous diet, so I guess I am charting a new path, minus Godiva....say it ain't so!! However since I would settle for feeling mostly normal and being able to sneak chocolate, I think I can do it. Plus, I have improved enough that I can contemplate doodling again so I consider that to be a big deal.

However, I am going to come back to doodling very slowly....I have spent most of the last few weeks trying to reduce my stress---do you know how hard that is without my chocolate???? Notice a theme here???----and that means, taking it all slow.

I am extremely grateful for your support while I was vacationing/gone/missing chocolate/eating pumpkin soup/not drawing/and generally "relaxing" without stimulants of a chocolately delicious nature and I am hoping to be back in the swing of releasing images in a week or two. In the meantime, check out the new challenge starting tomorrow-----organized by my delightful coordinator, Melissa...I would be lost without her. :)

Now, I have one other dilemma---adding slightly to my stress that feeling that shall be unnamed and unmentioned lest it come back full force...


My clear stamp manufacturer moved locations (they are still in the USA) but due to the changes in staff and location there continues to be a delay in delivery of new and old stamps--in fact, at present, I have literally only 3 or 4 stamp sets on hand...I have 3 new images coming soon in rubber, but I have no idea when they will arrive---I apologize for that, but it is not within my control.  :(

So, for now, there is a continued delay in the clear stamp availability but I am going to try doodling again and see if I can come up with some new digis in a week or so. The challenges will begin again, starting tomorrow, and I am going to try and pop in to visit the Facebook group more often. I am leaving that for last as time allows.

I hope that each of you are well and able to eat chocolate. Have a piece for me and I will see you soon---hopefully with good news on clear stamps and a new digi or two. :)

25 comments:

Kimberly said...

Glad you're feeling better, and I'm looking forward to seeing your new images. :) hugs, Kimberly

Melissa said...

Missed you! :)

mforquer said...

((hugs))
m

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

Glad you are better! Sorry to hear you were so sick.

Leanne said...

Being sick is no bueno. Glad you're on your way to getting better. I'm sorry you can't eat the things you love, but hopefully you'll find those that will fulfill that loss, there are so many recipes out there, you'll see. Congrats on your accomplishments with your health, seems to be a trend. Continue to enjoy your time away and thanks for sharing!!
;)

Mary J said...

You poor thing - it sounds like you've made progress though! I am like you - give me butter and anything full of saturates any time of the day!

Look forward to your full return but take it easy for now!

Lisa Lynn said...

Sorry to hear that you have had such a rough time, hopefully things will continue to get better each day. Take care of yourself!!! I always love new images, but you come first.

Loopylou. said...

huge hugs sweets, missed you a whole tonne xxxxxx

Mad Moose said...

Glad to see you back, gladder still to hear you're on the road to recovery, but saddened that you can't have chocolatey goodness - I will indulge for you and send you chocolately vibes.

Rachel Parys said...

Glad to have you back!! I sympathize with you, after turning 35, it was all down-hill. I don't eat red meat, try my best to stay away from sweets,(and I'm a great baker) and try to incorporate as much fruits/veggies as possible. If I even look at a McDonalds, my stomach starts freaking out! Can't remember the last time I ate a french fry! Oh well, it's all for the best! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us! You were missed!

Heidi Brawley said...

Missed you a lot!!! Congrats on the huge weight loss. Sorry it's without chocolate doll!!! Hope all goes well for you and can't wait to see what you draw up next!!! Hugs!!!!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh Christi kudos to you to finding new ways to live with the challenges you have. Hugs to you.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Welcome back...you were missed. Glad you are taking care of yourself and your health... looking forward to seeing the new doodles!!! :o)

Giffysk8s said...

Hey, girl! Email me if you want. Had a similar thing two years ago. Had one small issue turned into several ginormous, nasty issues due to salmonella. I can fully empathize with you. Lots of xoxoxoxo!

~ Jo ~ said...

Christi I am in the same boat you are kinda. I too, have had to change how I eat as I have been newly diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic! I cannot have the things i love the most either pfft! But congrats to you for accepting the new change and making the changes necessary to eat healthier and become healthier! Cannot wait to see what you create again!!
Hugs,
Jo
www.jwscrapshack.blogspot.com

Arabella said...

Oh my goodness, no wine! No CHOKLIT! I had no idea how serious it was! How awful!
Actually I was on a diet earlier in the year that had some really tasty recipes and sounded a bit like yours. I used the Clean and Lean Diet cookbook and really started to enjoy it after I got over the shock of no chocolate, no wine, no bread... And I lost lots of weight too. Of course I'm putting it all back on again now and blaming the baby in my belly :)

Big Hugs!

Arabella

Anita said...

Oh, say it ain't so! No choc, no wine, no bread ... sob :( Well, glad to hear you're feeling better sweetie. Take care of yourself! It's good to have you back.

~ Barb said...

Take all the time you need. You should get as much enjoyment out of your work as we do! I would miss your no-no list stuff A LOT too but if you feel healthier its gotta be worth it...almost ;o)
{Hugs} Barb

Dana said...

Sending you love and hugs hun. I know what it's like to have to change up your diet because of medical stuff (had colon resection twice). Sucks I know. Take your time and see ya when you are ready to come back.

dpkennedy said...

Welcome back! Certainly you've been struggling and I know it ain't easy, but keep it up and you'll feel better soon! You have to take care of you first-even though we've missed you, your health is more important than doodling :) Of course, I am looking forward to new doodles! Take care and enjoy the weekend!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Sweetie, I had no idea! Not sure what would be worse, the chocolate, or the wine. Bad enough when it's a choice but glad that you're feeling healthier and have the added bonus of wieght loss. Woohoo! You go girl! the new images are just adorable! So glad you're back to doodling. xxD

Tip Top said...

Glad you're on the right track to getting better. Shame about the wine, chocolate, cheese and bread. I think I'd miss the cheese the most!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

I admire your courage! I can't imagine life without chocolate!
I'm not sure exactly why it is that you had to stop eating it but I'm sad for you. My daughter is vegan and she buys chocolate that has no animal content whatsoever. And it is actually really nice. Stronger, more pure chocolate than milk chocolate. Anyway I was wondering whether you may be able to tolerate that?
Just a thought :)
I am so glad you are starting to feel a little better and are getting back to drawing. I have missed seeing your creations.

princesskitten said...

poor lamb - it's so horrid when you can't eat properly. You are so brave to go without it all - don't know how I would cope without wine and cheese.

Hang on in there - at least you can do a bit of work again

Craftdee said...

I feel your pain, I have been diagnosed type 2 diabetes this year, but am "normal" weight, so a simple reduction diet isn't the answer; it's more challenging finding the things that elevate my blood sugar - it would seem STRESS is the biggy!! I have to keep carbs down too, and I love bread, sob. Someone said to me "you can eat what you like, all you have to do is change what you like" duh! Feeling well is it's own reward though, so hopefully you'll be feeling rewarded soon :-) Donna

New DT! Welcome

I am so excited to introduce our new DT members. They have already produced some amazing and truly gorgeous images over the past week and I ...