Saturday, March 31, 2012

Happy Birthday Thanks

Hi everyone! I wanted to post a thank you for all the wonderful and sweet birthday wishes so many of you sent my way!!! It was a ton of fun and I got a kick out of so many sweet and happy thoughts. :)

On top of all those lovely wishes, I had a wonderful 40th birthday party at home. My sister came up to visit and we had yummy stuff 3 days in a row.

I thought I should record myself on my 40th year of life (despite how much I detest having my picture taken) so I had my sister take some casual shots. Never a good idea....LOL I just hate that I don't look like I do in my head...LOL I have a totally different picture of myself in my head, but I had to share...this is truly me. LOL 

My sister was trying to give me directions...look this way, open your eyes, don't put your chin down.... hmmmm, not sure it worked. LOL My hair is normally curly too, so you get me with almost-straight-and-way-too-big hair, trying to keep my eyes open in the sun with make-up dripping in them...still, we had fun! :)

And I am trying to be grateful for the pictures that reminds me how old I have become and how much I need to quit eating chocolate cake----see, the years are getting to me already...one should always eat chocolate cake. LOL

The other little sister came the next day and brought me a shirt as a present....but it ended up being a funny story. Remember I am a very curvy and plus-size woman and my nephews designed a shirt for my birthday that says "Reading Rocks" (strategically placed right across the front)....well, my sweet mother thought it said, "Reading RAcks"!!! hehe This little humorous comment spawned a whole series of librarian jokes: "Librarians have the best racks" and "Wanna play with my stacks..." It only went downhill from there, but it was hilarious...well, maybe, you had to be there...bwwaaahhhaaaa

All and all, I had a great time with my family and was blessed by a delightful, love-filled time from my online friends and family....and chocolate cake of course. :)

PS: This is my sweet mom....I wonder where I get my laugh from. LOL

37 comments:

Joey said...

Oh Christy these are beautiful pictures hun! you are beautiful, never stop eating that choccy cake :) Joey xxx

LORi BOYD said...

Awww, Christy it is so nice to see more of YOU!! Beautiful YOU!! Happy Happy wonderful Birthday!! Blessings all year long sweet friend!! Hugs-LORi

LORi said...

Darn it, I was signed into my other account!! Happy Happy Marvelous Birthday Wishes Girl!! More Hugs -LORi

Becki said...

Christy, beautiful pictures. Glad you had a great time with family on your birthday! I agree, always eat chocolate cake.

Loopylou. said...

squeeeeeeeee christy hun I am so excited to see some new piccies of you and mo is going to adore this post when I show him tomorrow morning!
Thank you so much for sharing and I am so pleased you had a fab day, your mum is so cute!
huge hugs Lou xxx

Tracy Jedi said...

Oh Christy! You are so pretty! I think you and I come from the same line of curly hair. lol j/k You and your mom have beautiful smiles/laughs! You can tell a lot about a person by their smile/laugh. Sounds like you had a fun birthday! =D

Annie Rose said...

Aww, Christy, you are gorgeous! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these pictures (and your hair is fabulous). I'm so glad you had a fun week. :)

Loves,
Annie Rose

Melissa said...

YOU are beautiful!! I love your gorgeous hair too! Enjoy that chocolate, it looks fab on you!

mforquer said...

Oh beautiful pics girly!! Looks like you had so much fun! Congrats on 40!! Here's to 40 more!!! (hugs)
M

Caz said...

Beautiful pics..love them and your hair.
Hugs
Caz
x

~ Barb said...

Well good for you! I think your pictures do look like the image you have in your head because you are laughing, that makes you much younger than 40. That's my next 0 or 5 birthday too. I'll have to remember to take some laughing pictures. Happy Birthday!

Creations by Shirl said...

Beautiful pics Christy...
and a very Happy 40th Birthday....

grandmabonnie said...

Christy, you look great..and long live chocolate cake and candy and all things chocolate. It is great to see you..i don't like pictures either...the one on my blog is 6 yrs old. The t-shirt gift is hilarious!

Leanne said...

:D Awww, that is awesome!! You don't look your age! I love how much fun you had with your photo shoot!! That is a wonderful picture to end. Gorgeous!!
Happy Birthday weekend Christy!!
;)

Danni said...

You're beautiful darlin'!! I {heart} the photo with you and your mom!! Again, happy birthday and hope it was as fabulous as you are!

Faye said...

Happy Birthday! These are lovely photo's, you are beautiful and so full of joy. And I say, stick with the cake! x

Lissa said...

You are gorgeous, hun! LOVE the photo of you and your Mom. ;)

HUGS & Happy Belated Birthday!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

You're GORGEOUS!! Happy HAPPY Birthday!!

Amanda R said...

Glad you had a wonderful time and Happy 40th birthday!

Lisa Lynn said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time which is the most important thing for your birthday...time with family. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous pics.

KanataNewf said...

Happy belated birthday - your pics look great! I celebrated myself yesterday - p.s. NEVER give up eating chocolate cake! It keeps us young and smiling! After all, you can't frown if you're eating cake!

CraftyMomOf2 said...

Happy Happy Birthday you GORGEOUS WOMAN!! Pictures are AWESOME and your Mum is TOO CUTE!!

Love you Christy!!

Hugs!
xoxoxo!
Meredith

Alyce said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday Christy!! You totally deserve it :) I love your beautiful hair and you and your mum look so alike! :D

Lawren said...

Oh Christy, beautiful photos. Happy Birthday to you! So glad you enjoyed it and had fun.

wlbillings said...

Beautiful photos of a beautiful gal.
Happiest of Birthdays!

Rachel Parys said...

Awww...awesome pics! Glad to hear you celebrated your birthday the right way! Everyone should have a good couple of days partying and eating cake!!!!! ;)

Miranda said...

you look wonderful CHristy, you are one AWESOME lady and your mum looks fabby too, both with a big smile, lovely
hope you had a wonderful birthday

hugs
Miranda

Crafty Cath said...

So awesome to see a picture of YOU! Haha, I feel the same way about having my picture taken! Sounds like you had a fabulous Birthday hope you have a wonderful year!

dpkennedy said...

I love that you shared your photos! You and your mom both look so sweet! Glad you had a great birthday...racks and all!

Arabella said...

Christy this is such a nice post! You look like you had the best time! The photos are awesome! Your Mum looks so sweet and your family sounds hilarious!

Hugs

Arabella

PS I've heard chocolate slows down the agin process : )

Jenn Borjeson said...

Beautiful. Both you AND your mom. Happy Birthday! :) xo

Sew Sweet said...

happy belated birthday Christy, so sorry i missed your actual
birthday : )
loved reading this post, and such a beautiful photo of you and your mom arrrr...hope you had lots of fun, it sure sounds like you did!
emma x

Marlena Peduzzi said...

I LOVE these pictures! It looks like you had so much fun! Glad you had a great birthday!

Betty Boo! said...

What beautiful pictures Christy! You have a most amazing and beautiful smile! Great pics! Happy Belated Birthday wishes!

Betty

Amarjeet said...

This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic.

vintage collectables
vintage home decor

Arts cad said...

Interesting and nice Art.

Art exhibition
Art Gallery

Arts cad said...

Great!!

oil paintings
original oil painting

New DT! Welcome

I am so excited to introduce our new DT members. They have already produced some amazing and truly gorgeous images over the past week and I ...