Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tiddly Tuesday - New Wizard and Victorian Images, New Freebie, and New Challenge

Hi everyone..let's get to all the new stuff as there is quite a bit this week. Yay for new stuff!! :) I got all happy with my pen and tablet this week. LOL

Winners from the Steampunk release and show off challenge are coming tomorrow. :)

Remember the suitcases from last week? Well I decided to make them a permanent freebie...HERE.

I also created a new little chickie to go with them. She has 2 versions: sitting on some suitcases and then alone....You can see both versions of Aida HERE.
And I thought we definitely needed a new little wizard (he comes with and without glasses) to match Wizardette...I think all of them would make a great back to school card montage with the suitcases...hint! If you make a project with all of them, please share it with me. :)

You can find both wizards HERE (they are in the same listing :D).





By request, we have Aidan the Victorian Gentleman (click HERE) to match the new Victorian Beauties (HERE). 
Femke created a FANTASTIC card using Aidan and Owlette and her tree...LOVE it!
And finally, I updated Shh-Hark to include a few more things....if you purchased Shh-Hark already, you can go back and download the new files under your account. Here is how you log in, in case you have never done so (click to enlarge):
The updated Shh-Hark listing is HERE and includes a new shark and bottle goodies:
Our challenge this week is to create a gel card (maybe with a summer or ocean focus?), so I created the new bottle so that I could use this in the challenge, but it didn't turn out as well as I wanted....oh, well, maybe next time....LOL
 The inside shows the whole bottle
This bottle idea came into being this weekend when my daughter was trying to learn to ride her bike and was terrified. Nothing happened, but she was sooooo scared the first day. When we were going to bed that night, we had a deep conversation regarding her "scaredness" and "braveness" and somehow got around to bottling up braveness so that she could borrow some---which she informed me probably would not work as "her scaredness would always be bigger than her braveness" so she was "never - ever going to ride her bike again----I mean it!!!!" Until the next day when she had a blast. LOL

But that first night, I decided I would make her a blue bottle of braveness, so that resulted in our freebie this week. Should you need to bottle up something, be it braveness or love or joy.....maybe this will work for you. :)

Click on both images to get the full sizes and save the "Don't bottle it up!" freebie below, 
along with a sentiment.
Now since we are on the topic of the Challenge Blog, I want to invite you to check in often in the coming weeks. We are starting a new series to feature guest designers and guest artists.

Here is a breakdown of the fun stuff you can find on the challenge blog.
Tiddly Tuesdays
The fabulous design team inspires everyone with some amazing creations using old and new images.
NEW: For a little while, we will be adding a special guest designer to participate for one or two challenges per month. We don't have all of the guests planned out yet, so if you want to nominate someone, please email us. We can't invite everyone who might be deserving, but we hope that lack is less important than enjoying the challenges in a spirit of inspiration and the joy of crafting!
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S GUEST A BIT FARTHER DOWN.

Wow Ya Wednesday
You can see some amazing featured paper artists on Wednesdays...we are planning to feature an artist every other Wednesday or so and they are guaranteed to Wow Ya!!!

Fabulous Friday
We share our weekly winner and feature fabulous projects from the previous week from those who entered in the previous weekly challenge. :)

Plus, we have tutorials for you and would be happy to add a good tutorial or link to an inspiring blog...please share! :)

I generally post once a week on Tuesdays, but you can email me any time or leave a comment for me.

OUR TIDDLY GUEST THIS WEEK IS:
Lucianna!
 Lucianna will join us for 2 challenges and we thrilled to have her.
Here is an example of her lovely work. :)
Thanks for sharing your amazing talent, Lucianna!

And thank YOU if you chose to share a link or Tiddly Inks badge on your blog last week. When you post a link back to my shop or let people know about your love of Tiddly Inks, it makes my day. :)

Here's hoping that you have something make your day today...if not, be brave! Maybe tomorrow will be the day! :)

33 comments:

Melissa M said...

These new images are great!!! And thanks for the freebie!

Loopylou. said...

wow! you have been super busy christy designing all these new yummy tiddly's, mo will adore the wizard and i love the new bits for sharky!! and the freebies totally rock!! huge hugs Lou xxx

Renee said...

Wooohooo what a super-fabulous post. Totally love all of your work and the freebie is fabulous.
I love the idea of bottling up the braveness. We have a bravery amulet for Kayla (a jewel from a $2 shop) which I rub on my heart to load it up with bravery, which she then holds and the braveness is transferred to her. Whatever works hey :)

Have a wonderful week x

jenlynnie said...

I love the new images!! And I so wish that I could do the challenge this week. I know what I would have made. Oh well, when I get back from vacation I will have to create it. And thanks for the freebies : )
hugs!

Mary M. said...

Awesome new images. thanks for the freebie. Like all the new ideas.

Jenn Borjeson said...

Beautiful new images and the challenge sounds fun - I've never tried one of these gel cards before. :)

CraftyMomOf2 said...

So much fabulousness Christy!! Gorgeous card, love the new images!!!

XOXO!

Starla B. said...

Holy goodness! All kinds of fun new stuff going on! =D I just LOVE all of the new images...they're fab! That's such a cute story about the bottle...adorable! Thank you for the freebie. Congrats to the new Guest, and I can't wait to see her creations! I'm a little nervous for this new challenge, but I'm excited to try something new. =D

DonnaMundinger said...

This is sooo cute and creative Christy (no matter what you think, LOL). Fab new additions to the store and your story is just precious! xxD

mforquer said...

Love the new images Christy and your bottle card is adorable! I see crinkle ribbon too!!!
Hugs,
M

Cheryl Valadez said...

Oh, Christy! Thanks so much for sharing the story behind the design of the bottle. Wow! It makes it so special :) Plus, I think it looks fabulous in your gel card. It reminds me of a bottle of wine. Wouldn't that be a wonderful thing to see floating in the ocean if you were stranded on a deserted island ;D Thanks for picking our brains this week ;D

Larissa said...

Great card Christy! I love the story behind the card, so sweet! The new images are awesome.

Hugs,
Larissa

Dixieglitzie said...

what creativity...thanks for sharing with us.

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Oh...love, love, love them!! ~jeni :)

Joy said...

That bottle design is so timely! We just had a 9 year old girl living in Kona find a message in the bottle from a 10 year old boy from Oregon! Now they are pen pals!

donna mikasa said...

Hi Christy! Love your tale about "bravery"--we can all use a blue bottle of that! Thanks so much for the freebies! Hugs, Donna xx

Dilsaver Designs said...

Oh such a sweet story and so deep for a youngster, I love that. Your card is wonderful, I love that it opens up to a message in a bottle. Beautiful freebies and THANK YOU for the honor of being a GD and your kind words :)

LeeAnn said...

Thank you for the bottle and sentiments. I have a grand-daughter that is trying to learn to ride her bike without training wheels. I like your idea!

snehal watwe welde said...

Thanks for the freebie and great new images

Moments by Marla said...

Thank you for the bottle image and the sentiments. Love the new images and the cards are so inspiring.

califncsun said...

Great image & sentiment.

TYFS

txexperiment said...

Great sentiments and neat images. Thanks!

TR said...

Your images are wonderful. Love the bottle series and sentiments. Thank you for sharing!

Kelley said...

Wonderful new images, Aida is adorable. Thank you for the sentiments.

Heather "Hev" said...

Very cute :)

Thank you :)

Elaine L. said...

Thanks for the great sentiment!

Heidi Brawley said...

Thanks for the sentiments! The new images are cute!!!!!!!!!!

Cleah said...

Fab new images! Thank you too for these encouraging sentiments!

Morgan said...

Thanks!

Sarah said...

thank you

Nannieflash said...

Thank you so much for the fabulous freebie. hugs Shirleyxx

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

I love the bottle Chrisy, I think it turned out wonderfully.

The bottle is a great idea. I was tempted to use Lily Bean - Happy New Year, but the water theme won over.

Your card turned out so fab! Wonderful challenge, you had me trying something new.

Laura said...

I just found TiddlyInks and am in love with your new wizard images. Just made a card for my nephew with them today. See blog entry below for pics:

http://laura-griffin.com/blog/2011/08/14/fun-with-harry-potter-and-copic-markers/