Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tiddly Tuesday - New Images, New Freebie, and New Challenge

Happy Tiddly Tuesday everyone. :) Here are a couple of new images for your Tiddly collection. :)

I am having so much fun drawing Victorian images...love the outfits. hehe
Our new challenge this week is to make a bookmark and I made a funky little bookmark out of Shrinky Dinks using the new Dandy-lion Pixie image. Just google Shrinky Dinks and you will find all sorts of lovely ways to use this fun plastic paper...you can purchase printable Shrinky Dinks now and that is what I did here...I colored it in my computer, printed it, cut it out, and then shrunk it. I printed it at about 8 inches and it shrunk to about 2 inches....Then I added some cord and beads to finish it off.

The bookmark was made to be attached to my daughter's backpack so I also made her a "have a great day" card to match so she could open it at lunch on the first day of school.
I like it so much, this little printable card is our freebie this week....just click HERE to get the mini card to print out.  It will have a fully colored front and back as shown below. It will be deleted in a week and moved to the PCP group HERE.
I hope you have a great day---and week too...Do join in our bookmark challenge this week if you have time. If not, pop in and say hi to the Tiddly Inkers--they just might inspire you to find the time. hehe


And if you are in the mood for some blog candy, check out my teamie Marlena's post HERE.

Happy day! :)

12 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hi, i've tried the last three freebies you've had and can't seem to get past the sign in process. I've had a account there before and i've tried the new password a few times, and tried to set up a new account but it either won't take the new password you sent me or it says i already have my email as an account, i just can't seem to get it to work. Not sure if this is a problem for others but i'm having issues..
kimbob27 at hotmail dot com

Amy said...

Woot, woot! A new pixie! I can't get enough of these cuties and the dandelion puff is such a fun touch... a definite must have! :)

Loopylou. said...

wow christy, your bookmark is beautiful, i love the beading too, going to google me some printable shrinkies a s i bought normal ones last time and they dont like my pooter ink one bit!!!!
love the notecard too hun, thank you.
huge hugs Lou xxx

Renee said...

Ohhhhh squeal! I love your bookmark Christy. Such a clever idea and oh so cute.
Hugs

Jenn Borjeson said...

So cute, Christy! Thank you for the freebie. Hope little bit has a great first day of school! :) My daughter starts next Wednesday and my son starts COLLEGE the following week.

Starla B. said...

First off, thank you for the freebie! =D Second, your bookmark and card are just darling!! Shrinky dinks are so much fun. I used to make jewelry out of them. lol Last, but not least, I just LOVE the new images!!! Fairies and victorian ladies...two of my favorite things! =D

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

AWESOME. I love shrinky dinks. I have seen them on a few site and have always wanted to try them. Never thought of turning one into a book mark.

Okay, now it's on my shopping list. Wonderful image for this challenge.

Jennifer Shults said...

Super super cute Christy! I love the shrinky dink idea. I need to use that stuff more often. This new little pixie is just too adorable and I can't wait to get her colored up. Great challenge this week! HUGS!

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Awww...what a cutie, thanks so much! ~jeni :)

Brodders said...

Fab new image and great bookmark Christy x

LindaS said...

It's totally adorable. Love the couple too. TFS.

Ellis said...

Thanks for the comment Christy and the lovely freebie! =)
Hugs, Elenor