Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tiddly Tuesday - New Images, New Freebie, New Challenge

Hi everyone, we have another delightful Tuesday today....I just love Tuesdays!

This week our challenge was to create something inspired by Inchie Arts....so something small scale and probably around 1 or 2 inches.... Our challenge is filled with some delightful projects. We have amazing cards by our featured artist Krista and our guest designer Lucianna and then we have a new Tiddly Inker, Emma, who is actually a returning designer whom we are thrilled to have back. :) Emma makes the most delightful felt flowers that you can find in her shop, Sew Sweet.

A side note...if you have time to donate a card, please check out my teamie Meredith's post HERE....she is asking for cards for her family friend, Ryan, who was seriously injured in an attack and his family is asking for encouraging cards to lift his spirits.

I made two projects. The first uses part of the new set in the shop, Doodle My Heart (it has a paper and then lots of little printables for cutting and pasting).

I just used parts of it to create these little cards, 3x3 inches with 2x2 inch squares on them. The hearts were just scattered around as accents. The paper is recycled antique white paper and I just doodled using my Copics until I had several different cards...I actually made 4, but I am just showing you 2. :)
My second project is a freebie for you today....I used some 2-inch round tins (I have had them for years---I think they are from Oriental Trading Company), filled them with a tiny bag of MnMs and labelled them Teacher First Aid Kit. The sentiment says, "Take one as needed, conserve for Friday!" I have to give credit to my hubby for this humorous take on it...I was just going to make a smiley face...I like his idea much better. :)
If you would like to provide First Aid for your local teacher, go HERE to download the freebie set. If you are not a member of PCP, just request to join so you can download the file.

Hope you have a great week! :)

14 comments:

Loopylou. said...

OMGoodness Christy!! the teacher kit is just fabulous, going to have to make those!! love it!!! and the heart doodles are just beautiful hun. Huge hugs Lou xxx

femke said...

hi christy,

your creations are just fabulous!!! love that teatcher first aid kit. I will save the freebie but don't think I will find tins that small.

greetings femke

CraftyMomOf2 said...

Love LOVE these Christy!! That teacher first aid kit is simply fabulous!!! And I LOVE the new doodles!! So fun to color!!

Thank you again sweetie for supporting and posting (and making the blinkie, AND donating an image!!) to Ryan's cause. You simply rock and I can't thank you enough!!

XOXO
Meredith

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

FREAKING clever. I LOVE it. What teacher wouldn't! Thanks so much, now I have to see if the Oriental Trading Co., ships to Canada ;D

I have to say, I would never have thought of using antique linen, aqua and red, but it is stunning colour combination. FAB-Tiddy-tastic.

Starla B. said...

What a fabulous idea!! Love it. =D LOVE the new papers...especially those hearts with the ornate swirls. Gorgeous! =D

DonnaMundinger said...

Super sweet, Christy! And that teacher box is too stinkin' cute! Love the new hearts set and thanks for the fab freebie! Nice how a suggestion from DH can make it all come together. xxD

KC said...

thanks for the freebies! love the new sets!!

mforquer said...

Fabulous cards and I LOVE the teacher first aide gifts!!!
Hugs,
M

Dilsaver Designs said...

What a fun idea for the first aid kit and your be happy mini's are wonderful, love your background coloring with your text :)

Larissa said...

Wow love your cards, so much fun! The teacher first aid kit is so cool! Love the idea.

Hugs,
Larissa

Kelley said...

Your little cards are adorable! Thank you for sharing them. I love the teacher first aid kit. Your hubby had a great idea.

Renee said...

Love the new images and the Teacher First Aid Kit is brilliant!!! I am sure it would put a smile on any teacher's face :)

Cheryl Valadez said...

Christy, the heart cards are scrumptious! I would never have been able to come up with those designs. That's why you're the artist ;D The second project is so flippin' hilarious, it ALMOST makes me wish I had kids...LOL! Maybe I'll need to borrow some and send this to their teachers ;D Hugz, Cheryl

Cole said...

Christy - the heart cards are sooooo awesome! And thanks for the emergency kit - great idea!! xo