Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tiddly Tuesday - Surprise plus a Freebie Note Card

Happy Tuesday ya'll!! :) This has been a super busy week and I have some fun things to share, plus this week's challenge Keep it Simple! :) Our challenge is to make a one-layer card  (I know, I know!!! LOL), but you can do it and I am here to help. :)

My challenge card from this week was created using a quickly doodled background in Photoshop, which I layered with a pre-colored Little Artist in pink and then printed (the template is below). I added 4 flat metal buttons and that is it...completely flat everywhere else. :)

These little note cards are pretty versatile. I decided to go a bit fancier, so I trimmed the main image around the border and then paper pieced it on the front of a second note card---again, love these little metal buttons. LOL

Annnnd if you would like to make your own little note cards (I use them for A LOT of occasions), then it is pretty simple. Try this template and directions. I hope you have fun building your own card. :)

Click the picture to grab the full-size file (8.5" x 11") or go HERE.
This template is designed to produce 2 note cards in MS Word or the program of your choice. 
The paper will be cut at 5.5" (from the top) and then folded at 4.25" (from the side). 
Check out the visual guide and directions below (click to make it bigger). 
This week, I am adding several sets of downloadable note cards to the shop in case you want to do it the reaaallly easy way---click and print. :)  
They will be ready on Friday in a special release--see below.

Now for the surprise... the shop is getting an update which includes Wish Lists, Order Tracking, Accounts to remember what you buy, Gift Certificates and a much easier check out system. I have not transferred all the products yet, but you can take a sneak peek at HERE.  The shop is mostly ready for shopping, but like I said, there aren't very many digis there yet. LOL BUT they are coming as quickly as I can move them. :) Once the shop is ready for a formal opening, I will definitely be celebrating with you all. :)

For today, I wanted to see how the shop would work and see how the downloads work for everyone, so the freebie this week will be the Little Artist Note-ables cards above and they will only be up for less than a day...Click HERE to check them out.

This is a trial run to see how the shop works and what problems pop up, so be patient and let me know if you run into problems or have suggestions. :)

Here is a bit of description for the Little Artist Note-ables! :) 
Click to see a bigger photo.
AND THEN on Friday of this week (still in time for the challenge, hint!), we have a very special release of some new note cards designed by our very own Deconstructed Jen
She has designed and colored some amazing "Deconstructed Notes" for us and I LOVE them....I already have my own set printed out and you are going to want them too....her coloring is amazing. :)

Here is a sneak peek at one set:
So I hope you come back on Friday and check out the beginning of her creations--she has lots of cute images and sayings picked out. 

I love that with these note card sets you are able to (A) endlessly print and create quick and easy note cards/stationery, (B) combine the two cards for a layered look or (C) color and decorate your own image or have your kids color their own card as a gift or thank you.

How fun is all that? I foresee lots of ways to use these sets. 
What do you think?? 



19 comments:

Tina said...

your freebie dont work i would love to have it

Tina

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Hi Tina, What exactly didn't work?

Loopylou. said...

morning christy!! oh she is so cute on her little notecards!! i have registered and just waiting for the email with my link to come now!! how exciting! the new shop looks awesome hun hugs Lou xx

Cheryl Valadez said...

Christy, love your adorable card! You make the "one-layer" concept look easy and fun ;D Thanks for a challenging challenge this week! LOL! Hugz, Cheryl

My Scrap Diary said...

Hi Christy. Im giving this a go and I tried checking out through Paypal and it doesnt allow me to. It keeps popping up as error. It says it wont allow me to connect to paypal. I didnt try the other method, registering and typing in all my info so I cant say if that side works.
Jess :)
Ps. Adorable image and quick notes method. Love it!

Starla B. said...

I wasn't able to do it through PayPal, either, but registering on the site took me all the way through with ease. Thank you so very much for the adorable freebie!

Kelley said...

I clicked on the picture to grab the file, but that doesn't work. I then went through shop and had no problem.

Thank you for the Note-able. It will be nice to have.

Stephanie said...

Super adorable Christy. I know it seems daunting doing single layered cards, but just like you and Jen did, they make it so EASY to mass produce for gift sets.

Jules said...

Wow - thanks for the freebies! i love the addition of the new notecards - ab fab idea! The new site looks great too - no issues for me (yeah!!). best of luck Christy!

mforquer said...

Lovely Christy!! Thanks for sharing the freebie!!
Hugs,
M

CraftyMomOf2 said...

gorgeous Christy!!! Love it!!!

Jenn Borjeson said...

How awesome are you? Thanks for the freebie... love the new shop! :)

Jaralubo said...

Thank you Christy!!! love it..

KC said...

thanks for the freebies! I love the new store...super easy...no problems here :)

jenlynnie said...

i registered & love the flow in shopping. and i tried to download the freebie but it isn't working : ( it is very cute!! thanks for it. hopefully we can grab it soon.

xoxo

Judy said...

Thanks Christy, the little notecards are lovely and I had no problems downloading them after I had registered on your new site. They are really sweet - you must have been working your socks off this week! I'm sure it will all be worth it when the new shop is up and running. Good Luck for The Grand Launch!
Hugs, Judy xx

Renee said...

Ohhhh love, love, love the freebie!! I can't wait to have a play!
Hugs x

SiskiyouSue said...

Great idea! Thanks for the freebie. I've been playing around with printables lately, opens another whole avenue for creativity.

...just Barbara said...

This is such a cute idea and great for those on the go! Love those little buttons. ;D