Saturday, June 25, 2011

Little Critters and Copics

So a few weeks ago I mentioned the Copic Coloring Guide by Colleen Schann and Marianne Walker.  You can check out that post HERE, but I recently received my own (autographed, no less!!! :D) copy and I wanted to share part of a few projects from the book...It was really well done and filled with helpful information and inspiration. :) Plus, Colleen is just as sweet as can be. :)

I hope you get a chance to check out the guide...it would be especially helpful to those starting out with Copics, but inspirational to all. :)  
You can download/purchase it HERE or HERE.

I also wanted to share a new little art form I discovered this weekend. We were visiting my sister and her adorable twins for the day and she had a box of Sculpey for the kids to play with and create little projects with stamps and sculpting. Well, they picked the 'good' colors and left us with the brown and black and grey. LOL I was undeterred and decided to fashion a few little critters and this is what I came up with. :) Whatcha think? On the way home, I picked up some more Sculpey so I can see what other critters I can make with the rest of the rainbow. LOL

8 comments:

Starla B. said...

These are so adorable! The horse is definitely my favorite... =D

Giffysk8s said...

Is there anything you can't do? You amaze me!!!

donna mikasa said...

You are soooo talented, Christy! Love that horse!

Loopylou. said...

oh wow they are super cute!!!!

Shirley said...

I think you did a bang up job creating the perfect animals with the leftover colors. Can't wait to see what you can create with the bright colors. I already want that book, and plan on getting it soon. Glad to know I'll see some familiar images in it.

grandmabonnie said...

Your figures are so very cute, are you going to make them into digi form as well?

DonnaMundinger said...

WooHoo! The book looks fab and look at those adorable little animals! Now I want to go and get wome Sculpy! Love them! xxD

Larissa said...

These are also very adorable. I love them all!

The book looks so great! :)

New DT! Welcome

I am so excited to introduce our new DT members. They have already produced some amazing and truly gorgeous images over the past week and I ...