Friday, June 3, 2011

Just for Fun

One of the teachers at my daughter's school was especially kind to her and I wanted to send her a little thank you, so I made a little grunged-up girly canvas...:) I attached some ribbon (from Prairie Bird Boutique) on the back so she can hang it or just leave it as is on a shelf....hope she likes it.
 I didn't realize that part of the heart had popped up, so that will be glued down shortly. hehe
This was not actually a quick canvas (they never are LOL). I spray-painted the blue, then sepia-ed the edges with various browns. Then we (Little Bit made her own canvas) cut out vintage text and cardboard for the hearts. The letters were lightly stamped on with foam stamps and then roughly traced and painted lightly with acrylics...I intentionally left it all a little sloppy...looks better in person and as a whole. :)

I like making things for people like this, but since it is quite time consuming, I try to save them for special people---like amazing teachers. :)

The blog candy/freebie grab is still going on. You can check that out below.
Plus, if you haven't been by the challenge blog, you really ought to go check out the Fabulous Inspirational Fridays. :)

12 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

I think this is one of my favorite things you have made! Except, of course, for my two Emma stamps, and Emma's name sign. :) This is GORGEOUS!!! As a former teacher, let me say how much I would have loved to receive something like this~especially since it doesn't have an apple on it!

Starla B. said...

WOW, this is amazing! I love it!

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, I'm sure she'll love it!!!

Loopylou. said...

ohg christy that is fabulous, LB's teacher will love it! hugs Lou xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Christy - this is a fabulous Teacher's thank-you gift. Love the texture and the colours.

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment on my/your! Bathing Beauty - I feel honoured that you have visited my Blog.

Have a happy weekend - hugs, Sylvia xxx

Catherine said...

OMG ! Your daughter's teacher is so so lucky ! This is absolutely stunning ! I love the colours and the texture... Hugs x

Janna Werner said...

Amazing piece of art! Thanks for sharing! Janna

donna mikasa said...

What an amazing project, Christy! I love the dreamy colors....what a lucky teacher to receive your work of art!

Cassie_lu said...

what an amazing wall art for a teacher.

jigglymills said...

This is really cool! What a neat idea! :)

Dilsaver Designs said...

Wow, what a great gift, it turned out beautifully!

DonnaMundinger said...

How could she not love this? It's totally amazing! xxD