Monday, May 16, 2011

New Design Team Members!!! :)

I am literally jittery with excitement today! We have six new spectacular members on our design team. :) They will be here for a while, maybe a long while if I can bribe them sufficiently...LOL
Since I started Tiddly Inks, I have had some lovely designers and each time, I love something special about each lady's work. These lovely designers are no exception. I think when you visit their blogs, you will see their unique and special styles and see why I begged them all to join the Tiddly Inkers for as long as they would have me. :)

So let me humbly present some very inspiring new designers:

My name is Cheryl and I have been papercrafting for approximately 13 years.  I live in sunny Albuquerque, NM smack dab in the middle of the Land of Enchantment and love spending time with my amazing husband and our three feline freeloaders.  I teach monthly card classes at the local rubber stamp store and am completely obsessed with all things related to cardmaking ;D  When I'm not hovered over my art desk, you can find me watching a movie with hubby or whipping up something tasty in the kitchen.  I am honored to spend some time with the uber-talented Christy Croll and her Tiddly Inks design team.  
Living in the UK I am  a mother of two  boys and wife to one of the most understanding men I know. I have dabbled with crafts of all sorts most of my life. I work full time and to relax I love nothing more than to sit in my craft room cutting and sticking. x

Jen (DeconstructingJen)
Hi there! I'm SO excited to be here!! My name is Jen Shults and I started stamping about 2 years ago. My style changes a lot depending on my mood and the occasion the card is for. I like clean layouts with lots of color (with a base in neutrals - I LOVE brown) but also really enjoy making grungy funkier stuff every once in a while. Of all the parts of card making I think coloring is my favorite though I do enjoy the challenge of learning new techniques - lately I've been working on expanding my colored pencil skills with some different styles that don't use odorless mineral spirits but instead use burnishing and color mixing. I've also just recently starting trying my hand at art journaling and so far I am hooked! Outside of stamping I'm mom to two little ones, Evey is seven and Ben is four and they definitely keep me on my toes. I'm the wife of a very patient and creative man who encourages my crafty creative outlet. On the career front I am a full time middle school art teacher and really love that I am able to teach a variety of mediums to kids that are of an age where they understand more complicated concepts but aren't too afraid to take risks and try new things. Outside of card making I also enjoy portrait drawing and pencil sketching. I can't wait to share my Tiddly Ink creations with you!
Mary (MyCardz)
Mary has been a huge inspiration to me for a while now and you probably recognize many of her creations from the challenges. :) Her cards speak for themselves. :)


Rene (Flutterbys and Fairies)
Hi! My name is Renee Ludlow and I live in the beautiful city of Canberra, Australia with my two darling daughters and very patient husband.  My love of paper-craft started about four years ago with scrapbooking which I still enjoy doing.  In the past nine months however I have discovered the joys of stamping and card-making and it has become a new passion/addiction.  I love the way Tiddly Inks images always manage to put a smile on my face. So I feel very excited and blessed to be a part of this wonderful team. I am looking forward to my time on this team and I hope that you can take a small amount of inspiration from my work. Hugs xx

Why "Nerdette" - it was a job title from a Tech Company I worked for many years ago - that sort of stuck.  I am truly a "geek" at heart, with the corniest sense of humor.  Most times I am the only one getting my jokes.  It's a bit pathetic really, I hear "OMG, your such a dork" quite often.

I am a self taught Copic colorist, having read or watched as many Copic tutorials the net has to offer.  I am still working on my technique, trying to find the right Nerdette groove.  I love to try new methods and am forever giving other peoples "style" a whirl.  I do have some previous art training, but have always been more impressed with others often emulating the talents that I love most.

I am a full time SAHM of three and I am very much looking forward to my youngest starting Junior Kindergarten this September.  I will have at least 2 full days a week to myself - Whoopee!

Aren't they great?? Welcome everyone and I am looking forward to seeing your contributions to our challenges. :) Speaking of, we have a great one tomorrow....see you then. :)

14 comments:

Starla B. said...

Welcome new DT members!! All of your cards are lovely. I can't wait to be inspired by you every week! =D

DonnaMundinger said...

Welcome to the TI family, ladies! So happy to have you aboard. You each are truly gifted and awe inspiring. xxD

mforquer said...

Welcome girls!! Can't wait to see all of your creations!! Each of you is so talented.
Hugs,
Melissa

Maylee said...

Congrats to the new team! Beautiful work ladies!

Larissa said...

Welcome ladies! I am so excited to be working with you!

Hugs,
Larissa

ChickieChirps said...

Lovely to meet you all ladies! Awesome cards!

Arabella

Rosa Witten said...

Congratulations to the New DT Members!
Cheryl is one of my absolute favorites and I am sooo happy she is part of The Tiddly Inks Design Team.
Can't wait to see all the awesome creations. :)

CraftyMomOf2 said...

Welcome to TI fabulous ladies!!! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO thrilled that you are all here!

HUGS!

donna mikasa said...

Wow! You grabbed such amazing talent to join your team! I see a few familiar names and friends! So happy for them and for you!

Alison said...

Congrats to all of the new DT members! You have some incredible talent over there, Christy! I wish you all the best of luck!!!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Wow - gorgeous cards, like jaw-dropping gorgeous. :)

Dilsaver Designs said...

Really beautiful work, congratulations new DT :)

Renee said...

I am so excited to be joining such a fabulous and talented team. Thank you all so much for the lovely welcome:)
Hugs

mimi.bricole said...

I'm really glad to discover your fabulous cards ladies!
congrats for now being in this great DT!

New DT! Welcome

I am so excited to introduce our new DT members. They have already produced some amazing and truly gorgeous images over the past week and I ...