Friday, February 11, 2011

Work In Progress Doodles

I draw something just about every day and I have all the scraps of paper to prove it---usually scattered all over the place and in my purse. LOL A few weeks ago, I tried a different approach and made some doodles...you know, for adding to digital paper or as texture to art pieces, but I never really did much with them. Now, I do have a point....doodle on down. :)
I pulled the doodles back out last week and tried this colored piece for my portfolio. :)
And then this week, I discovered a new blog that led me to look at doodles as their own form of art. The blogger, Stephanie, has beautiful doodles/word art/crafty goodness. I doodle all the time, but I never really considered them to be terribly artistic in their own right until I saw what Stephanie did on Home Grown. :) She teaches a class on doodling....check it out as her deadline is approaching. :) She offers several RAK sentiments on her blog too. :)

Now, I fully intend to do more doodling---it is easy, cheap therapy and lovely art when done right! :) Doodle on!

If you have time, check out the challenge blog for our Fabulous Friday inspiration. :) 

4 comments:

mforquer said...

Ok, love the doodle...now have you ever hear of Zentangle?? It looks really cool too and I can imagine trying them on some cards!
hugs,
M

jigglymills said...

How cool are those! Some day I will have time to doodle away. :)

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

I love the Zentangles, Melissa! :)

Larissa said...

Great image Christy! I don't doodled very often, maybe I should try it, because it looks so lovely.

-xxx-
Larissa

New DT! Welcome

I am so excited to introduce our new DT members. They have already produced some amazing and truly gorgeous images over the past week and I ...