Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Mini Inspirational Hop, a Winner, Some Fellow Artists, and a Freebie

I am constantly amazed and how much fun I have doing this "job". Even though it feels like it never ends---emails come in at all hours of the day and night; I always have something new to draw; changes to make in the shop; or a new and better idea pops up. :)---I love being an artist. :)

However, as much as I love drawing and doodling, one of the best side perks of running my own little art kingdom (in which I fully intend to stay Queen of Everything :D) is the people I get to "meet." Some I have never seen or actually spoken to, but they are my friends nonetheless. I have met some amazing artists and crafters and just love their attitudes and creativity.

So today, I thought I would share some of those friends...spread the love and make my own little blog hop of inspiration. LOL Take a peek at some of those people who inspire me and make creating art so much more meaningful:

This is a link to the sweet artists who created samples of cards for my shop. I haven't had a chance to add many samples to the shop yet. I came up with a change to the shop inspired by trying to efficiently add more samples, so I am working on adding samples slowly. :)
Thanks so much for sharing those samples though. If you submitted cards for samples, as promised, I picked a random winner from these entries:
Jane Kyle---please email me for your prize :)


I have had the recent pleasure of getting to know Zoe, the artist and owner from Make It Crafty. This is a card that Mary made by combining Zoe's background with my digi characters.
Pretty good match, huh? And the card is simply stunning! Zoe has tons of other backgrounds and amazing images and I just thought I would enable you---go take a peek at her shop. :)

I put out a recent call for birthday cards for my old college buddy and here are 2 new photos that were emailed to me. :) Thanks to everyone who has offered to help out with my project. :) I haven't seen all the projects, but I can't wait to see them all together. :) I did contact everyone on my list, but a few email addys had permanent flaws or didn't go through. If you signed up but didn't hear from me, reconfirm your addy for me in the next few days and I will try again.

We have a great challenge this week....Shake It Up with a shaker card. Did you see the AMAZING samples the DT made??...omg...amazing!
Here are two:
Lynne's adorable the Hoppy Wishes bunny!
 Kiara's card, using My Dear!

Have you checked out some of the amazing links on our tutorial pageMeredith has a tutorial for us on making the shaker cards this week using Love Bomb. 

And now we have an adorable freebie drawn by Tiddly Inker Tracy's hubby...a talented artist and woodcrafter. :) She wanted to share it with you all, so download it by clicking on the picture. Be sure to stop by and says thanks to Tracy. :)
Have a great day! :) 

Be sure to check the Challenge blog on Friday. :)





58 comments:

Susan's crafty chaos said...

Beautiful eye candy and thanks so much for another gorgeous freebie :D

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous creations! Thank you for the freebie.

mforquer said...

Wow - truly amazing artists!!!
hugs,
M

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG!!! Amazing cards and the freebie is just fa! Thanks so much. WOW on the background for As You Wish! I'm always looking for new ways to use my fave image! Gotta check that out. xxD

Jose said...

Thank you for much for the freebie

weva said...

Thank you!!!

Jane said...

Thank you for the gorgeous log freebie xxx

Tracy (Jedi) said...

Oooh! Can't wait to check out all of the artist's blogs!
That background image is gorgeous! I am going to check out her shop!
I love those birthday cards with your new image! Super cute!! And, Lynne and Kiara's cards are super sweet!
Oh, an I have to give hubby props for being such an amazingly talented artist! I'm his biggest fan!! lol

BlackBird said...

Thank´s, for the log.

Michelle said...

I was a bit leary when the posting said "Tracey's Husband drew a log" ... wasn't sure what to expect :) Well, he drew a super log, thanks!

Mary C said...

Gorgeous creations! Thanks for the freebie by your hubby!

Kimberly said...

thanks so much for sharing. love it. kim

mamichelle said...

Oooh, love it! Thank you!!

Moments by Marla said...

You and your husband are both very talented. Thank you for sharing.

doodlebuddies said...

Simply gorgeous ! Thanks for sharing.
Naush

l.ridge said...

Oh I love this log and flowers--thank you so much!
Laurie

tamara davis said...

thank you for the freebie and sharing the lovely cards! I LOVE the easter shaker card. I'm going to check out the challenge right now!

Tink said...

Love the freebie! Thank you

Helen Dooley said...

Thanks! love this is awesome

Marilyn said...

How realistic. Thanks for sharing.

Pam Mitchell said...

Thank your husband for the artistic log.

Laurel said...

Very nice! Thanks!

jcaw1 said...

Wasn't sure I needed a log digi but checked anyway. Glad I did because this one is pretty fancy with flowers, etc. Many thanks for sharing this with us.

louise said...

love it. thanks x

AUSTINSGRAMM said...

This will make a beautiful scene for card.
tfs

thanks a lot
bobbi

Cindy - John 3:16 said...

Wow - your hubby is good - He needs to draw for us more!!! Love it!!!

Joan V said...

Oh, this is such a great digi. Imagine all the scenes it will enhance. Thanks to the hubby who drew this and thank you for sharing.

Billie said...

Thank you so much

Sharon said...

Thank You for sharing your talent with us.. :)

nana of my 3 said...

Great digi thanks a bunch Wow!

ms Joyce said...

Thank you .. and hubby .. nice digi.

Susan said...

Just beautiful! Thanks!

Elaine L. said...

Thanks for sharing this!

Donna said...

Thanks for the log with the flowers.

Mickie said...

Cute!! Thanks!!

Amanda said...

LOVE the freebie! THANK-YOU Tracy's husband!! :D Love your work!

Pam said...

What a great digi, thanks so much!

mercieschild said...

Your husband did an awesome job. I love it and i needed it. Tell him thank you. Maybe he can draw some rocks for me :) hint hint :) thank you for your awesome blog and digi's
Hugs, Cathy

ShellBell said...

I just love this image! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us all.

Tina said...

Vielen Dank für das tolle Freebie. Es ist wunderschön.
LG Tina

JACKIE said...

wow your hubby is talented...thanks to him for sharing his work...hugs Jackie xx

Elizabeth said...

Thank you. Your husband is talented.

Silverbutterfly said...

Really neat, thanks a lot....

GrammaR said...

Beautiful cards! Please have Tracy thank her husband for the digi. Thank you for posting it.

hoptownracer1 said...

Thank you and your husband for sharing this lovely image! He is talented!

Claudia7 said...

Thanks for sharing this freebie

Nannieflash said...

Thank you for a brilliant image. with hugs Shirleyxx

grandmafairymary said...

Thanks for the freebie. Love the beautiful cards.

Sandra's Handmade Cards said...

Thank you very much, Sandra

Esther said...

Thank you so much for this wonderful free digi!!!

Esther said...

Thank you so much for this wonderful free digi!!!

Lynne said...

Thaks so much, this is a really cool digi and I have a raccoon that will go nicely with it

Alexa said...

Great post! I love your attitude. I'm new to crafting and have also found many great ladies that are very supportive. Thanks for the digi also
you and hubby are both very talented

mootseeka said...

Thank you for sharing.

Dona said...

Thank you for the freebie, very much appreciated.

ribenaruby said...

Thankyou for a wonderful freebie! Ruby x

Sandra's Handmade Cards said...

Thank you - great image.

txexperiment said...

Very realistic. Thanks so much!