Saturday, February 19, 2011

Birthday Invites

My daughter is about to turn the ripe old age of 7 and I can't believe it. I don't feel any older than 20 (I just look it LOL) and she doesn't feel any older than newborn to me. :)

Every year when her birthday rolls around (quicker it seems than it did the year before), I marvel at her birth and how much I love her. No one inspires such a love of life and joyful spirit----and then there is her amazing ability to madden me with her stubbornness (wonder where she got that??? LOL). All in all, she is one of the main reasons I do what I do and continue to find a reason to rejoice in the beauty and amazing life we live. Her love is humbling and a gift I treasure every day.

As one way to show her that, I have always made a special birthday invitation. She loves rainbows and spectacular color combinations and, of course, unicorns so this is her birthday party invite for this year. I hope the weather holds out and it is as magical as she dreams. :)
 

15 comments:

Loopylou. said...

oh its gorgeous christy and i hope LB has a super duper day. Happy birthday poppet hugs from Lou and mo xxxxx

Jennie said...

These are gorgeous!
Hope your daughter has a wonderful birthday xxx

Denise and Louise said...

Totally gotgeous - what a lucky little girl. Keeping fingers crossed that the weather holds and the day is magical xx

Jane said...

Gorgeous...my little one turns 7 in May...only seems like yesterday she was born!
Have a good day!!XX

Tracy (Jedi) said...

That is such an adorable invite! Just love everything about it! Hope she has a wonderful birthday!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

What a lucky girl to have a momma like you, Christy! Hope her birthday is as magical as the gorgeous invitations. Happy Birthday, Sweetie! xxD

CraftyMomOf2 said...

those are STUNNING Christy!!! What a lucky girl!!!

Happy Happy Birthday!!

Shirley said...

Happy Birthday to LB. It's a magical card for what I hope turned out to be a magical day.

Irene said...

Gorgeous invite! I hope your daughter has an amazing birthday!

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Thanks ladies! :) The weather was amazing today and we had a great time at the party. She is having her very first sleep over with one of her best friends spending the night...great end to a great day. :)

jenlynnie said...

i LOVE the invites!!! so amazing how they grow up so fast. my oldest will be 7 this year. i sit & watch her in awe sometimes.

so glad the party went well.

Mandi said...

Hi
I wonder if you would mind contacting me
overmoores@aol.com
I made a purchase but am having trouble with the download of the rainbow file

Can't contact you on the form despite enabling cookies
Thank you
mandi

Debbie said...

Beautiful invites Christy. I hope your daughter had a lovely birthday.They grow up so fast. I'm going to pop the card I've made for your friend Kellie in the post to you tomorrow. It's on my blog too-http://debscraftytime.blogspot.com Hope you like it.Take care.Debbie Johns x

donna mikasa said...

Such a charming invitation! So happy your little princess had a wonderful birthday!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Your daughter is so lucky to have you for a mom, for many more reasons than just the fact that these are TO DIE FOR! ;)