Thursday, February 3, 2011

Art Day at School

My daughter's school is having an art day next week and since I am a local artist I volunteered to teach a class. Wish me luck---it is for first and second graders all day. LOL

I found this amazing blog filled with art lessons for primary age school children and I borrowed a lesson from her

I am going to have them create a self portrait:
either based on Modigliana 

or just a wild crazy one
Check out the blog and see if you like any of the varied lessons: Art Projects for Kids
She sells templates for kids to create wall murals of masterpieces, like Starry Night. I used that lesson with some 5th graders one time...It was fun. :) 

4 comments:

jenlynnie said...

thanks christy!! my 6 year old will enjoy doing this with me. i hope that you post some of the kids' art work. have fun!

La Vikinga said...

I think they will love it! Kid think art is fun! Take many pictures and show us afterwards,,,

Charlotta

Jenn Borjeson said...

Fun! I am sure you'll be great at it and have a blast. The kids will love you. Good luck!

Tracy said...

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing. I will have to look through this with K tomorrow! =D