Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thank you Cards

I needed to make some quick thank you cards that doubled as small gifts and Christmas cards all in one, so I decided on my daughter's favorite colors (red and blue) and purchased some blingy Christmas initial ornaments and hung them on some cards...viola,  a gift, a thank you card and very different Christmas card. LOL

I had to use the paper I had in stock as I have made myself a 'promise' not to buy any more paper or decorations until I use up what I have or give it away. Now I know all of you realize that this is more of a good intention than a complete law, but I will do my best to use my stash first...the main trouble is that this means I can't hoard the paper and then what I do??? LOL Pretty paper is one of my guilty pleasures...I don't buy a lot of tools and gadgets, but I do looooove paper. I think a few of you out there will be able to relate. :) May Santa bring us lots of paper....:)

4 comments:

Carisa said...

cute idea! i was bad with teacher gifts this year - i hope she doesn't mind a christmas card set. :)

now the paper, oh, the paper. yikes. i have NOT been able to resist all the fabulous new paper lines coming out. i need to figure something out - maybe go offline completely. LOL

WeddingPhotoThankYouCards said...

Red and blue, what a wonderful combination to use for this beautiful card. I hope I can make such photo wedding thank you cards.

Gina said...

Hahaha! That's a no hoper of a resolution!! I know, I tried that last/this year :D Good luck all the same. Lovely gift cards :D XXX

nancybabb said...

Good Morning sweet lady!!! Yes, I do check in on you sometimes, hope all is well.
I just wanted to share what I helped a friends daughter make for all her teachers...and family! She is 8 years old and has never used a sewing machine, but she was able to make NINE tissue covers in no time! And it is SUPER CHEAP! (probably between $.50 and $.75 each) I even have a (pitiful) "how to" video
http://nancybabb-classes.blogspot.com/

New DT! Welcome

I am so excited to introduce our new DT members. They have already produced some amazing and truly gorgeous images over the past week and I ...