Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sugar Crash Blog Hop

WELCOME!!!! You are on the CardSwaps Sugar Crash blog hop! You should have arrived here from Ashley's blog. If you did not, you need to make sure you start at the beginning, which is Lora's blog. You don't want to miss any of the fun, do you?

Why hop around? Well, there are 16 stops on the hop where you can win a prize or pick up a free digital image or a cool sketch (there are 2 freebies below :D). The only way to win the prizes is to leave a comment on that blog AND it’s always nice to say thank you for  freebies, too. PLUS, our blog hosts have worked very hard and we want to show a little love and appreciation.

You are invited to participate in the Sugar Crash Crop at CardSwaps, too. There are 10 challenges to be posted over the next 3 days (November 4-6, 2010) and EVERY challenge will have a winner. What’s the prize, you ask? A paper crafts books from CardMaker Magazine!! PLUS, one lucky crop participant will win a card making kit that makes 50 cards!!!! It’s very cool… we hope you play along. :)

My entry for the blog hop was created using my new Sugar Plum Fairy and background papers. :) 
I created the gum drop border and background papers to go along with the fairies and I added as much glitter and candy as I could. LOL The glitter stands out on the gumdrops and gives them the proper sugary appearance (EDIT: I had some people ask about the glitter...but it is an off brand I bought years ago...It is just big chunky glitter instead of the fine dust type). I used the same texture on the fairies...hard to tell in a photo though. 

I decorated the inside of the card using a different border and paper. :)

FREEBIE BELOW
Feel free to click on the photos and save the larger images.

I created this set for my daughter because she loves the Nutcracker ballet. 
My hubby took her to watch the Moscow Ballet perform at a local college last year on a special date. She thought it was wonderful (she loves to dress up---sooooo the opposite of her mother. LOL)

You have until 11:59 PM CST, November 6, 2010, to post your comment on the blogs on the hop (that includes mine LOL). Everyone that comments on my blog will be entered into a pool and one lucky winner will receive the full set of the images used on this card (2 colored fairies, one digital stamp, one gum drop border, one fairy border, and the diamond background paper).

In addition, if you want to participate in the challenges for the Sugar Crash Crop go check it out after the blog hop and upload your completed projects by 11:59PM CST, November 8, 2010. There are prizes to win there, too!

Your next stop on the hop is Susie's blog.

Should you get lost though, here is the list of the full blog hop:
Carolyn King (Guest Designer) - http://myblogbycammie.blogspot.com
 ME!! --Christy Croll (Tiddly Inks - Guest Designer) - http://tiddlyinks.blogspot.com/
Traci (Guest Cardmaker) - http://papercraftingprincess.com
Tami Mayberry (Guest Designer) - http://tamimayberry.blogspot.com/
Natalie (Chi Chi Memories - Guest Designer) - http://chichimemories.blogspot.com/

64 comments:

Lori said...

WOW! Beautiful project. I bet your daughter just LOVES this set...so perfect for a little girl. Thank you for making it available to us.

Jennie said...

Cute design.

Pammie Kay said...

I love the sweetness of this. How do you crystalize glitter? Or is it a brand? Thanks for the freebie!

Irina Pljasova said...

Beautiful card!

Kay said...

So cute! I know a little princess who will just love this stamp :)
Thanks for sharing the beautiful border and paper too.

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

It is just the brand of glitter that is crystalized...it is big glitter...it is just an off brand from a big chain store that I have had for probably 5 years. LOL

femke said...

hi christy,

wow this looks just awesome!!! the fairy is very adorable. love the sweet colours and the glitter too.

greetings femke

Mrs. Jones from the Circus said...

Great card and simply cute creations to share. Thank you!!

Intruderlady said...

OMG love thise set. so very cute! great project. thanks for sharing!

Thea said...

So adorable. Our youngest daughter used to sing in the children's chorale and they always participated in part of the ballet every year. This brings back lots of memories!

Carolyn King said...

that is beautiful. LOVE the look of that hardened glitter!!!

scrapdaworld said...

WOW! The fairies are georgeous! Thanks for the freebies!! A date in Moscow?? I just take my daughters to the skating rink down the street, lol! Thanks for sharing!

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Hehehe.....No, I would definitely have gone on a date to Moscow...LOL The ballet came to a local college and they went to watch them at the college. Only about a hour away...no flying to Moscow here.LOL

Ms. Jen said...

Love that card. So wispy and glittery. I gotta get me some of that glitter. It adds so much. Thanks Christy!

Cassie_lu said...

love the sugarplum fairies. beautiful sugar coated card

Mrs Weyremaster said...

OMGosh that is so pretty, I love Ballerinas, wanted to be one when i was a little girl, took ballet classes for a few years, but i was more of a baby elephant than a sugar plum fairy, loved it tho:)
Adding your Sugar Plum Fairy to my wishlist:)
Suzi
xxx

Teresa said...

Your sugarplum fairies are delightful! Thanks so much for the freebies and for helping with this blog hop.

Diana said...

Very pretty. TFS and God Bless.

Diana
http://b4ustamp.blogspot.com

Kathy said...

So beautiful! Pink, purple and glitter is perfect for any little girl! Thanks for sharing!
kmgillon at yahoo dot com

Leezer said...

Wow! What a beautiful job coloring. just love the whole thing. Thank you!

Kathy H said...

Lovely!

Darla said...

Wonderful!! I rarely get to do girly things for kids as most of the ones I know (including my son) are boys!! I used to babysit a little girl but her mom is off on maternity leave now with her next child so doesn't need a babysitter and I loved doing her nails and playing dolls and tea parties with her!! I just may have to use the freebie downloads to make her a card.
TFS

jean said...

I love your sugarplums. My granddaughter is my little sugarplum.

We went to downtown Denver together for dinner and the ballet. SOOO much fun!!!

nanavf said...

I have the same question about the crystallized glitter. Thanks for sharing this lovely card. I have never been really big on fairies, but this one really did it for me! Thank you for the freebies.

ma said...

That is such a lovely image and set, and a pretty, feminine card! Thank you for sharing them...I adore The Nutcracker as well...I have not been to see the ballet in several years...in my city they have an Hispanic version that I have been wanting to see...perhaps this year!

Larisa said...

Very cute card!!! The images are fantastic!!!

BCG said...

Thanks so much, Christy. I love this set so much!! Your project turned out fabulous!

BCG said...

Thanks so much, Christy. I love this set so much!! Your project turned out fabulous!

joanne said...

Love the background papers - and fairies are always fun.

cgl1539 said...

Oh wow I am just floored by how gorgeous you card is! My 6 yo niece is into ballet also, she would love this!

Mary B. said...

What a beautiful card! Great detail! Thank you for your generosity of talent, inspiration and candy...Sincerely, Mary

Aunt T said...

OMGoodness! How adorable! I love your card.


Teresa

Sue D said...

Very pretty--every little girl would love this and love the glitter on the gumdrops.

Janice W. said...

Your card is adorable and love the glitter on the gumdrops

donna mikasa said...

Such a sweet, dreamy card! Thanks so much for the adorable border!

Lillian Child said...

Your creativity is awesome - these little ballet fairies are so sweet!

Shirley N said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for the gorgeous downloads!

Margaret said...

Beautiful card!! BTW I love your images.

Ana said...

Ohhhh!!! I love it!!! Beautiful image Christy.

xx

Ana

Georgei said...

wow this is very pretty I like it alot

Debra said...

This is so cute! TFS

xdebrax@yahoo.com

Carol said...

Super cute! I love the chunky glitter!

Carol B

Marsha said...

Cute little sugar plum fairies. My grand-daughter is just now into ballet. Might have to use this. Thanks.

terrie said...

These little fairy are so stinkin' cute...I like the colors that you used...well done
zullu26@aol.com

Rhonda said...

What a cute card. Beautiful job!

Jan Castle said...

What fun cards to give to a little girl...big girls too!

Linda from Georgia said...

Adorable is too weak a word to describe this card. Loved the chunky glitter!

Gloria Westerman said...

So Darling......and thank you for the freebie.....tfs

Golda said...

That is a great card. I love your chunky glitter. Thank you so much for the pictures!

Susan said...

Cute project and the glitter looks just like sugar crystals on a real gum drop!

Ana Garcia said...

OMG i love this card!!! sooo cute and sweet!

Dana said...

Now this is an awesome card!

Shirleo said...

What darling images! Thanks for sharing.

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Absolutely beautiful card Cristy. I love the soft colors and Fairies are my fave! Thanks for the border and paper... I know some little girls who will love them.

Ashley said...

Beautiful card :)

Booknplays said...

What an adorable card!

My Scrap Diary said...

Such a cute and girly card. I know my niece will love it when I show it to her. She's 8, so she's all about Ballerinas and "girls" as she likes to call them. And the girls that she is refering to are your super cute images.
Thanks for the freebies. They are really beautiful!
Jess M

LoriW said...

Thanks for sharing the images. The fairies are adorable. I have twin granddaughters who would love them.

LoriW

jenlynnie said...

i love the card!!! i am going to have to go over & get these fairies.

Ангелина said...

Very beautiful card and cute images!

Bobbie Lynn said...

Sweet images there and love the colors you used. Love the sparkle too. Thanks for sharing.

oh4theloveof said...

fantastic card, your coloring is great, such cute images

FireFly said...

Your fairy ballarinas are so precious. I love the idea of the extra "sugar" on the gumdrops.

Shawn

Ardilla said...

Nice card and nice images... thanks for the freebie!

Ardilla (www.ardillatrabajadora.multiply.com)