Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Spin Me Right Round, Baby and a Freebie! :)

Happy Tiddly Tuesday! :) This week our Tiddly Inks challenge is to create a spinner card using a Tiddly Inks image, so I got a bit more dizzy than usual. LOL
This is my first card with a spinning element and I had a ton of fun figuring it out. My star spins in place, so that is a bit hard to show in a picture. :)
I used Starr Bugg from the shop and the star is made from a chipboard star that I covered with paper and colored. I then punched a hole through my paper and mounted the star on a set of two sandwiched pennies that allows it to spin in place. 
This is the tutorial I adapted to make it work. :) 
Our freebie this week is a set of papers. You can download it from the shop or the PCP group if you are a member. It is a big one though...about 9 MB, so be prepared to unzip it for a while if you don't have DSL. The set has 6 different star backgrounds, all sized 5x5 inches.

Don't forget to chack back on Oct 29 for the joint blog hop that I am having with my fabulosa amiga Betty of Simply Betty Stamps. :) We are starting at 12 PM and you can find all the details here.  I will be giving away a treat....wahoo!

8 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

Love this technique, gives a little bith extra on your card ! great job,
greetings, martina
x

Debbie said...

Cute card Christy love your how it spins on the spot :)

Larissa said...

Great card Christy! Love the starry paper!

Hugs,
Larissa

mckinkle said...

Many thanks for sharing your super grungey star papers.
Keryn x

mforquer said...

Christy - oh my gosh what a good idea to just have the item spin!!! Love it - beautiful card!
Melissa

Jenn Borjeson said...

Love it - adorable! I cannot WAIT to be able to participate in challenges again - only a few more weeks and I should be unpacked and in my new home ready to rock. :)

Ana said...

Great card Christy!!!Love it!!

XX

Ana

Marlena Peduzzi said...

Cute card and I love your idea of having the star spin!

New DT! Welcome

I am so excited to introduce our new DT members. They have already produced some amazing and truly gorgeous images over the past week and I ...