Saturday, August 14, 2010

Contest for the Front Page - Make it Round!

I was looking at the front of the shop and I think I am in need of a new card for the front page of Tiddly Inks digital shop and I would like it to be round. :)
I don't own the tools to make precisely round cards, although I love them, so I am turning to all the gifted artisans reading this.

The current card on the front page was created by my friend Donna and it is a lovely match for the front of the shop. :)



Here are some additional samples created by Donna. :)

If you think you can create the perfect card for the front of the shop, then please submit it to me at tiddlyinks87@gmail.com. :) I prefer CAS cards and designs that allow the image to be the main feature. (Hint: please avoid silk flowers, unless they are small.) Since we are trying to match the colors on the front page, these are the main colors to consider:

I used B01 and then lightly shaded with a random blue prismacolor marker--either light cerulean blue (PM 48) or muted torquoise (PM 196). I used E13 (light sepia) and E37 (sepia) for her shoes. I like to shade with YG91 (Putty) for various places on white and light areas. The red is R27 mixed with R39. The hair is colored with various yellows, but the main two are Y38 and Y 13.
I will choose a few cards from the pool and feature them on the shop's front page and on the blog in the next few months, with credit to your shop and add it to the gallery with your watermark. :) The prize for being chosen is a gift voucher for $10 to shop in the store in the same month that your card is featured. Any questions? Just let me know in the comments section. An alternative prize can be a watermark design just for you if you don't have one. :)

EDIT: Someone asked what the deadline was, so I am adding that I will be considering cards submitted by Aug 31 for right now. I am always open to people who would like to be featured though. This is a very important representation of the shop, so it will need to be a knock out card and I will always be happy to see such cards. :)




2 comments:

Isabelle said...

this is a great idea! do you want us to use a specific image?

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

I didn't have a specific one in mind, Isabelle. :) Whatever you would like to use. :)

New DT! Welcome

I am so excited to introduce our new DT members. They have already produced some amazing and truly gorgeous images over the past week and I ...