Monday, August 9, 2010

Challenge 16 - Windows

Hi everyone. Back to work this week. :) We had a two-week period to finish Challenge 15, but summer is almost over and I am all moved, so I am trying to get back in the work mode. :)

This week's challenge is to create something with windows, so I pulled out this older idea, because it fits perfectly and I still love it.

I used two antique 5x5 floppy disks that I rescued from an old closet and Zuttered them together with about 15 pages in the middle. I drew one of my older robots in the middle of the first page so that his little heart shows through. I only had the smaller binding wires, so it had to be a booklet instead of a book, but this would make a great geeky journal for someone. :)

Can't wait to see your window projects this week. :)


I added an actual window to the shop this week for some of our gothic characters. It is an old castle window, gothic arch or maybe just an old stone window...You can find the listing here.


8 comments:

Caz said...

I love that robot...want him, and I love your old floppy disk book....fab idea.
Hugs
Caz
x

Alice Wertz said...

wow! the floppy idea is so cool! fabulous project, Christy!! LOVE IT!!

Stampabilitys said...

what a crazy cool idea, I am just loving that little bot as well, will be available again soon?

DonnaMundinger said...

How creative is this!!!??? Now I've got to go ask Dh if he's got some of those lying around. PErFECT with the robots. LOVE it!xxD

Country Chica said...

What an awesome idea for recycling old stuff! Makes me wish I had some old computer stuff.

Cassie_lu said...

My DH would LOVE that card. What a great use of those old floppy disks. Makes me wish I saved some now :)

That digi window looks fab too.

Buttercup said...

What a smart idea!!! Way to be green! I just think this is too cute and fun!!! I love the red, black and white combo as well, works well with the Bot! :) xoxo

Larissa said...

What a fabulous idea Christy! I love it that you created your book with old floppies, so clever!

Hugs,
Larissa