Wednesday, August 18, 2010

1800 Member Freebie and Please Read

Hi everyone, 
Tiddly Inks has grown very quickly and I can't thank you enough for your support. :) I  have added a new freebie (in the PCP group) as a thank you for your continued support of Tiddly Inks. We are well over 1800 members in the PCP group in about 5 months and that is shocking--and wonderful! :)
While I appreciate all the love and support, I would like to gently remind you of the Terms of Use for the digis---they are posted on this blog in full and come with each freebie. I ask that each user read and follow these rules. Infractions directly lead to lost sales and problems for me. I  would much rather spend my time drawing then asking people not to infringe or steal/share images. 
However, I would like to touch on the important aspect of NOT sharing the files. Simply, the only person who is allowed to use/color your digital image (whether is purchased or free) is YOU (and your small, young children) but NOT your sister or your best friend. This is part of the agreement in purchasing or accepting the images. I rely on and appreciate your financial support and honesty. Please consider that if everyone gives even a few images away to family and friends, you directly impact my sales--repeatedly. If your friends and family need a Tiddly fix, they can stop by the PCP group because there are always freebies posted. So please, do not include my digis in swaps or as RAKs and gifts. I am happy to provide a gift certificate or send your favorite person the gift you purchase if you need to share the love. :) 
Tiddly Inks is a one-person artist and shop...I do it all and I do it a lot. LOL I work very hard to provide fun images and your support allows me to remain an artist and support my daughter. I don’t have helpers or any minions to direct...when you email, you get me and I try to email with a smile. :)

So please consider the ramifications before copying, sharing, giving away, or any other actions that might apply here. I do greatly appreciate the 99% of you who are following these rules and supporting me with great enthusiasm and joy. That makes me love and enjoy all that I do. :) 

Support of Tiddly Inks doesn’t have to come through purchasing on a regular basis (although that helps LOL). It can be by posting a blog badge or telling your local stampers about me. If you are only able to accept my freebies at this point, please try to support me by word of mouth (either blogging or locally) and sharing something positive about Tiddly Inks. I would appreciate that very much.

I feel very fortunate to be able to do this and I love being a part of your creativity.  
Thank again for everything. 
XOXO
Christy
Here is a short recap of the terms of use...you may read the full file above if you wish. If in some way, I didn’t cover what you want to do, please ask me first.
  • Only the single, original purchaser has the right to use the product. 
  • Retain the copyright signature on the art if at all possible.
  • This is only for personal use--you may sell handmade cards, but not the images themselves. 
  • You may not claim this as your own design.
  • You may not give, share (that includes swaps or RAKs), or sell this design (or your finished colored version of my design) as a digital file or printed sheet without my permission.  
  • It would be greatly appreciated if you would credit www.tiddlyinks.com wherever the design is posted. This helps me build new friends even if you can’t support me by purchasing at this time.
  • If I didn’t cover it, it probably isn’t okay without asking....Ask me first. I am pretty reasonable.

10 comments:

Jacki Randolph said...

Congratulations Christy!!! Hitting 1800 follower in five months WOW!!! No amazement here with the wonderful product you offer!

DonnaMundinger said...

Congrats Christy on the 1800 followers! Your terms are more than fair and I surely hope people respect them. We love and appreciate your work! xxD

Cheryl said...

Congrats! The whale image is adorable. Thank you. The terms are crystal clear and very easy/fair.

Joanne B. said...

Yeah YOU that Tiddly is growing so fast, its only because you're amazingly talented!

So sad when people forget that this is your JOB and you need to be paid for your beautiful art.

Big hugs to you girlie, wishing you ALL the best!

Carisa said...

Oh wow, 1800 followers that is amazing! I remember when we were in the single digits!!! Fantastic - that said I'm sad to see you had to post this in black & white for people. I know a lot of people do RAK's etc and I'm never comfortable doing that with digi's. I hope everyone understands what it means and how important it is. Thanks for putting that reminder out there.

Addii said...

Thank you for your great work! Are just wonderful! I am happy that I found for you!

Jen said...

AMEN, Sister!! I have been putting on my cut file links (for Cricut cuts): "Sharing is Caring, But sharing this cut file is stealing from my time and efforts, therefore please share the LINK to this page instead". Let's continue to pray that those out there will realize that a dollar here n' a dollar there ADDs Up!! It is YOUR livelihood, and what a blessing it is for US to be able to get these images at such low prices. C'mon people..... rubber stamps are so much more expensive, you'd spend $300+ on rubber stamps, in sets of 6 for $25 or MORE... "sharing" images is stealing, may not be a big deal to you, and if it doesn't bother you, then think of the artist who puts her ideas on paper, no matter what time of day it is, and puts it out there for a cheap price, and you share that image with 5 of your friends/family... you just robbed her of $15. Now think of 10 people doing the SAME as YOU, and now, guess what? You just participated in robbing her of $150!! Stop being so cheap ~ and give what is rightfully her's, a tiny bit of your payment, should be the LEAST of your gratitude that can be offered.

Thank You, Christy, for continuing to share your God-Gifted Talent with all of us. You are a blessing to us all, and please do not be discouraged by those that steal from you. In the end, they will come before the righteous judge, and be judged for their actions. Congratulations on your 1800 followers...WOOO HOOOO!!!! I'm off to get me some of them new images you put out. Can't get enough of you, girl!!

God Bless You, Sister!

Hugs,
Jen

mmwilken said...

Congrats on your follower's in such a short time. Thank you so very much for sharing your wonderful work!!

Gina said...

Well said Christy,it's a shame you had to say it at all really. I'm a relative newbie to digital art, but I can understand what "don't share out the image" means. Let's hope the instance that you've noticed is the only one, and a genuine error.
On a brighter note CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D XXX

Paper, Ink, Color! said...

Hey Christy, you've always been so generous with your freebies, and SO NICE too. I think some forget that buying a digi is not like buying rubber stamps. You are not buying a physical product but rather,you are buying THE RIGHT to use the image, just you. You are not buying the image, but just the permission to use it, etc. That's how artists make their money, through royalties and rights. Anywhoo, I totally understand. Maybe I will put a little excerpt about intellectual property and rights to use artist's work on my blog so everyone will get a clear understanding. Have a good weekend!!