Friday, July 2, 2010

Summer Slowness and A Box of Cookies

Summer is the time for relaxing and catching up and that is what I have been doing. I needed some downtime, so I relaxed this week. I haven't been doing much of anything except gardening and reading for the past few days. I haven't read a book in 6 months or more and this is the first week that I went to the library checked out a bunch of books and ignored the dishes and laundry. It was great. :)

I know a lot of people are out watching Twilight tonight, so let me know how you like it. :) I am at home reading a vampire book instead of watching a movie, but it is still nice. :) I was into vampire books in my teens when Anne Rice had her series...now vamps are back in...just like the same type of tight jeans that were cool in my high school years. Awww, memories! LOL

If you missed it, you might want to pop on over to the challenge blog and take a look at Larissa's tutorial on how to make this box. I think whoever gets her special little treats is very lucky. :) She makes the best gifts and cards....and she shares how to do it. :) Go take a peek here. :)

2 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Well Christy, glad you're having some relaxation time. Wow, I don't remember the last time I sat down and read. I sooo miss it. The tut was great and this box and card are sooo adorabe. Have a fabulous 4th. xxD

Shirley said...

Glad you took some time to kick back and relax. You deserve to. You've been going at quite the pace since you started the group. I already checked out the nifty box. Need to get home and to TM to try my hand at making one.