Thursday, July 22, 2010

Halloween is Hoppin' in July

Yahoo!! So glad you are here today!!! Why? Because we are celebrating Tiddly Inks's second blog hop today by holding halloween a little early. :) Boo!!!

We are doing the hop a little differently and are hopping directly from the Tiddly Inks challenge blog. What does this mean? Don't worry it is simple. :)

Link your entry in the Inlinkz box for the blog hop on the challenge blog and then wait until 6 PM when we close the Inlinkz list. Then come on back to the challenge blog and visit all the entries in the Inlinkz list. When you click on each entry, it should open a new window with the blogger's card and entry...kinda cool, huh? It means we don't have to direct you to the next blog.... just go back to the challenge blog to keep going through the entries.

The DT members have their amazing cards listed already, but the full blog hop STARTS AT 6 PM CST after eveyone has a chance to list their cards. :) The hop officially ends July 24, and we have planned a party on the PCP page from 6 PM until 10 PM on July 24, so please stop by.

There are some pretty good prizes, whether you participate or or just leave comments, so go take a peek at the full hop details here.

Happy Halloween! :) I hope you enjoy all the magical entries! :)
For the card, I created the paper in the background by adding glitter to a pattern I freehanded on the paper. All the solid colored paper came in the same bargain pack--I love Big Lots. LOL The ribbon is just randomly wrapped around the paper to match the ribbon on her waist. The coloring was done and then I glittered over her skirt and wings and a bit in the hair. The sentiment I printed out with a colored edge and then glittered. The whole layout was unplanned and sort of evolved. I tried 3 or 4 other things before I settled on this design. LOL The card is 6x6, so the image is pretty large too...I do color beforehand and then match my paper to the card....I just got lucky to have somewhat matching paper on hand. :)

41 comments:

Carisa said...

LOL now i don't want to post mine b/c yours is super cool! love it! just waiting for stickles to dry and then i'll be taking pics to post.

hayward69 said...

Oh wow this is spectacular. I love the colours you have used and the glittery dp. Love the colouring too.

Great Blog Hop

Jayne xx

mforquer said...

OH MY - this is gorgeous!!! Love the ribbon in the background and of course your coloring is PERFECT!!!
Melissa

*Alison* said...

okay.. this is such a fun image.. I LOVE her.. she is SUPER CUTE!!! I am have done the hop with the DT and entered my card too.. :) I can't wait to see what everyone else creates.. thanks for letting us join in the fun.. HUGS

DonnaMundinger said...

Christy, this is just MAGICAL! LOVE the glitter swirlies and the beautifully way you colored her! FABULOUS! xxD

fi's cards and crafts said...

this is beautiful...love the ribbon effect.

Fi
x

Suzette said...

Beautiful card and the images is so sweet.

Suzette x

Jenn Borjeson said...

Absolutely gorgeous! :)

Debbie said...

oooo Christy love your card so very sparkly! Loving the blog hop thank you :)

Marilyn Webb said...

Ohhh, so beautiful, I love the glitter, and the colors!!

Mrs Weyremaster said...

I love how you created your own glittered patterned paper, and your colouring is gorgeous, love her hair and dress, so beautiful:)
Suzi
xxx

Betty Boo! said...

Trick or Treat! Wowie! I love this card! The ribbon, the glitter, the image! Everything is perfect Christy!

Caz said...

Gorgeous card Christy, I love the glitter swirls.
Hugs
Caz
x

Maylee said...

Love this Christy! She is my favorite!

Gina said...

I think I get to use a made up word for this one "Fantabulous!!!" Amazing swirly background, and the criss cross ribbon is inspired :D XXX

CraftyMomOf2 said...

just divine!! delicate, twinkly, beautiful colors...just PERFECTION!!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Loopylou!! said...

christy she is juat gorgeous hun, i love the way you matched the ribbon up too. i could never make hand drawn squiggles work that well, mine would end up looking like scary worms!!!! hugs lou xxx

Gail's Card Cafe' said...

cool card Christy!

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Christy, your images are amazing to play with! Thanks you for the creative inspiration.
Fabulous card too!

Shirley said...

The evolution of your card worked very well. I absolutely love her blue hair, and she doesn't look old, like most blue haired people do. Ribbon is a great touch.

Maz said...

Such a pretty card - love the effect with the ribbon...and nice to see lots of sparkle! x

Lisa said...

I just wanted to say that I *LOVE* this Halloween blog hop - what a fantastic idea and what FANTASTIC images. The creativity here is amazing! Thanks for putting a little October in July :)

Lysa said...

Love love love all the sparkly goodness :)!

Hugs!

Maureen said...

This is just totally gorgeous!! Your coloring is perfect and love the ribbon treatment and all the glitter!

Cassie_lu said...

great colors you used on her

Buttercup said...

She feels very COOL and ICE-y!!! I love all the layers and textures and of course, the SPARKLE!!! :) XOXO

Isabelle said...

love all the glitter and the wrapped around ribbons.
great coloring too!

Eulanda said...

I really love your coloring. The glitter is fabulous and I really like your own dp. I wish I could draw!! Well off to enjoy your blog hop!! I love these new images and can't wait to start using them!!

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous Christy! love all the sparkles and your background is fantastic!
I'm lovin' all the images and the hop was super fun!

femke said...

hi christy,

great card!!! I love your colouring. she looks amazing.

greetings femke

Trisha said...

Stunning card. I love this image and have used it on my card too.
Trisha x

Shelley said...

Thoroughly enjoying the blog hop but I have to bring out my thesaurus - there just aren't enough ways to say "wow".

itsabrt said...

Oh your card is so lovely! I adore all your images especially the Gothics! Beth

Barb said...

She is just adorable, Christy! LOVE the colors and all of that shimmer. I can't wait to color her up myself :)

Rosa Witten said...

Wow I love how you colored her, she is already a beauty and you made her even more so. Thanks for letting us play along, I am having a blast. :)

loyaz1 said...

What a gorgeoous card - lot all the glitz.

Nancy said...

OMGoodness Christy...this is such a beautiful card girl...the way you colored in your image it makes it feel like she's got dimentional glaze on top of her...she's a beauty....thanks for so much fun with the hop...

Hugs
Nancy T.

Angela said...

This is fun...she looks like an ice princess and I love all the glitter!

Larissa said...

Fabulous card Christy! Love the glitter swirls and the ribbon is so awesome!

Hugs,
Larissa

My Scrap Diary said...

This is great Christy!! I love the col blue/grey hues that you have going.

Trish Hughes said...

such a wonderful image!!!

New DT! Welcome

I am so excited to introduce our new DT members. They have already produced some amazing and truly gorgeous images over the past week and I ...