Friday, June 18, 2010

A Day Off!!!

Yup, I took a day off....wahoo! LOL
The problem with working for myself is that since I am prone to being a workaholic (I come by it genetically LOL), I work almost every day----at least part of the day and never take the day off. Plus, I really, really love what I do and I don't like to take time away from doodling and creating something. It isn't like a job...more like playing. :) But today, I took the day off. I haven't drawn a single thing and this is my first trip to the computer area. My husband is wondering who took over his wife. LOL

We ventured off to the big city of Houston and just played. My daughter got her first hair cut at a salon and came out feeling like a queen (complete with sparkly braids) and then we had lunch with my nephews (oh, and my sister....but she doesn't really count....just the cute little boys LOL), played a round of minature golf at an indoor black light facility, went shopping for sparkly bracelets, and generally wasted a whole day spending a little money and doing nothing important. It was great. :) I now intend to shut down my computer and do nothing else, but find a book to read....

What did you do today??? Anything completely useless and fun? LOL

Okay, so tell me about it so I can read it tomorrow....:)

8 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

A whole lot of nothing. :) Including trying to find some shorts. Seems like the stores have all loaded up on winter gear. Totally a bummer since the weather is just now getting warm!

Giffysk8s said...

Forgot to say how glad I am that you had a fun day!

donna mikasa said...

You deserve a whole day of "nothin'"! Glad to hear it was time well spent....Have a wonderful weekend, too!

DonnaMundinger said...

Sounds like the perfect day! I tried to craft but came up empty so I ran errands (needed a Father's Day gift from the kitties) and bought some plants (and a few crafty items). Hopefully the mojo wil return tomorrow or I'll be spending Sunday doing DT work. xxD

Cassie_lu said...

I love taking my kids into Houston too. Sounds like ya'll had fun.

Kim Y. said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun! I haven't played miniture golf in years! I need to take my kids when they are a little older. I spent the day at CKC with my dear friend Lisa! FUN, FUN, FUN! We both got the newest basic grey line, Oliver...

Jackiekg said...

Good that you had a day off - you deserve it. I know how you feel - all I want to do is to be with all my crafting gear. Today I worked on a card I am making for my grandson who will soon be 13 (Bar Mitzvah) and then I went Israeli folk dancing for over 2 hours - that means that I need to take it easy the rest of the
evening. So I have had time to look at Tiddly Inks site - great!

cgl1539 said...

Whole lot of nothing much, lol. As you can tell since I am a day late posting this. Yesterday was my moms birthday so my husband and I spent it over there with them. We had bbq burgers and played rummy. Today is my birthday and of course fathers day so the hubby and I are relaxing at home doing what we love best. He's watching baseball and I am crafting, lol.