Thursday, April 1, 2010

Deep Thoughts and Thanks :)


Over the past week, I have gotten many lovely notes and personal correspondence from artists trying out for the design team and just from people who wanted to say something positive. It has really touched my heart and motivated me to want to do more. :) I can't thank each of them enough for making this so much fun and for being involved enough to send me a note...how neat is that. :) I love hearing from you with photos of your creations and links to your blogs. Seeing what stampers do with the designs makes my day. :) I can't always make it to your blog that day, but I try to. When I work from home, it is on a dial-up connection (we are very rural), so sometimes, I can just stop for a second and browse without commenting. I still want to hear from you....I still want to visit, so please share. :)

When I started making stamps several years ago, I wondered how I would feel when seeing my doodles out there, but it is an amazing thing. Once it is out there, it becomes transformed by the artists that take over from my line drawing. It feels like a new art piece every time I see that neat design and layout. Just think of the variety of cards that happens, even with the same image. (Go take a look at the design team cards to see what I mean.)
That is my favorite part. If I kept all these doodles to myself I wouldn't get to participate in that amazing process. I do a little happy dance each time I see a card with an amazing color job and a great design...and it is my line drawing. I feel so happy that something special and unique was created....

Am I sounding cheesy?? LOL It is true though. :) I really do feel lucky to draw what I love and then have others love it enough to create something even better with it....It is a great combination. :)

Thank you for participating in this process and for sharing it with me. Let's hope we do so for a long time. :)

Have fun creating!
XOXO
Christy

PS: In the notes, a couple of people have asked if I am still making stamps for Stamping Bella...and yes, I am. :) The designs I will have on the digi site are just for my pleasure and mean something personal to me. I absolutely love Emily (the owner of Bella) and we are friends....our brains just fit together and she gets me. I will be sticking with Bella (for her great brain and hair LOL and for the simple fact that she believed in my art enough to help me believe in it too). Just an FYI though, the designs for Bella are not going to be digis and the digis are not going to be Bellas, so you get the best of both worlds. Thanks for making a spot in your art world for them both. :)

13 comments:

Anita said...

I so heart you and your sweet, thoughtful blog host! What a great outlook on sharing your art with the stamping world! :)

Anita said...

Whoops...make that your sweet, thoughtful blog post...lol!

Lissa said...

You're such a sweetie! When I use to make pixel art and someone would copy me I would be so thrilled because someone actually liked my stuff enough to copy it!!!

BIG SQUEEZES!!!

Michelle said...

You are so sweet and although I don't know you well I respect you totally as a artist. You are one freakin' talented lady and I so enjoy your stamps and digis! I love having the best of both worlds and will continue to support you through purchase, participating at PCP, reading your blog and creating whenever I can with your fabulous images!!

Carisa said...

oh girl, you are the sweetest! i have loved getting to know you ever since i won the custom stamp contest last year - and i love creating cards with your images whether digi or rubber. i am so excited to see this branching out for you & all the fun & fabulous designs to come!!

smswoope said...

Christy, you know I think you've got it going and you've approached this endeavor with the right spirit. Here's to your continued success.

Tammy said...

You are so sweet, Christy!! I can tell that you have a sensitive heart and we are so glad that you have chosen to share your talent with us. Your images are just the cutest and I can't wait to see more!! You have nowhere to go but up girl!!!

rosalien said...

Christy, I didn't know you where the artist behind Stampin Bella, I have a few of those stamps too...lol..
But I'm glad you share your talent with us.I love them so keep on going. ;)

Heather D. said...

I don't think you sound cheesy at all! Heartfelt is what I'd call it. You've got a great talent and being able to share it with others is awesome! I'm hoping to have some free time soon (maybe after Easater?) to make some creations with your beautiful images. Thank you for all you've given us!

{hugs}
~Heather D.

Betty Boo! said...

Christy what a wonderful post! I can now imagine how special your art is... and so happy that you share it with us! It is so awesome to hear you talk to loving and adoring about your art and how much you are enjoying this journey! I can't wait to see all the new images digi and rubber and create with them!

Betty

Jennifer Scull said...

just sending a few hugs your way...... have a beautiful Easter! :)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Christy, you are the nicest person, and so talented, and I'm so glad I "met" you!!! Consider me a FAN for life!!!

Happy Easter!
Lisa

Angie said...

Awww, such a sweet post! I just love all of your work!! I first found you through Stamping Bella, and am so happy you have decided to go digi too! Looking forward to creating more with your awesome artwork:) Btw, we are neighbors, I live in Beaumont, TX. I'm just a hop, skip & a jump from ya:)

New DT! Welcome

I am so excited to introduce our new DT members. They have already produced some amazing and truly gorgeous images over the past week and I ...